Your favourite year C4 and why?

louis_white

Well-known user
As the title says... what’s your favourite year C4 and why?
Do you prefer the older body shape or the newer, older retro interior, or newer fighter jet style interior, which wheels you like, what engine???

For me I think I’m a fan of the 87-89 as it has the tuned port injection L98 but also has the older 80’s body styling and retro interior.
My favourite colour for the C4 was the dark met red too with tan interior.
I managed to bag a C4 to my desired taste, in my favourite colour, body shape, engine
and has older wheels style too which I prefer, although not correct to its year! However as mine is a 1990 it has the new fighter jet style interior in black. Shame as I Would of like 80’s dash and tan leather, only a minor blip though 😁

so what was your desired C4 and what did you get, what do you love and dislike about yours?

c4 in pic not mine but one I love.

9654EA93-8F68-486A-95E2-9A18AE771263.jpeg

JonnyC4

CCCUK Member
I've always liked the rare 35th anniversary C4 Corvette, because it's so different to other C4's. White wheel, seats, side door panels, special badges, etc. Only 2050 were ever made, I've got 1782. I was happy to find one, thanks to Johan Boer in the Netherlands. So far it did a lot of trips to the U.K. and was even on the club stand at the NEC Classic Car Show, three years ago.

If I ever go for another one, it will be for a LT4 1996 Collector edition C4 coupe.

Motorbikes

Regular user
At the risk of turning this thread into 'I like x best because I have one', I do prefer the looks of the post 92 cars. I sought out a later car for the slight power bump of the LT1 and the smoother styling both interior and exterior. The earlier L98 cars sound nice though. This was my old '96

img_20200821_183510-jpg.7375

stiej1977

CCCUK Member
Wheels: definitely the 1990 specific one year only salad shooters. Body: 84-90. Interior: mainly prefer the pre-90 digital dash, love the 90-92 dash, hate the 93 onwards steering wheel where they made it look like loaf in the middle. I've got an 87 convertible. love it. love the turbine wheels but miss the 17" size of 88 onwards. gotta be all original for me. what i'd love (apart from many C4s): '96 Grand Sport!

Coffeeboy

Well-known user
My old 85 turd box cuse it’s mine lol I love the dash and the seats are soooo comfy even more than my Range Rover
Being fat n old is a downer getting out though

dm575

Regular user
With more luck than judgement I ended up with a 91. Later body and interior but the L98 seems to be slighly easier for the DIY mechanic.
I think 91 was the last year of easier emission tests so I've got an empty cat and eliminators :)

A yellow 95/6 would be an ideal choice :cool: but these things are few and far between over here..

Vette2.jpg

Spicer89

Well-known user
Purple or black rose Matalic for me, TPI L98. Respray as production of the BRM didn’t start until 92!
Pre 90s with the digi dash.
Manual trans although mines an auto I’d definitely go for the manual next time round!
Original salad tosser wheels something I may change in the future .......:
Love the bumper too on the 80s years something the 90s didn’t adopt.

coupe or convertible although i do love the rounded back window of the coupe But On a hot day I love the top down ☀

some fine examples in this feed Really like the 88 anniversary edition and any Vette in red makes your heart race 😍

Attachments

• 1D14DBB4-02DF-4220-8CA6-2D687A1B9D08.jpeg
    1D14DBB4-02DF-4220-8CA6-2D687A1B9D08.jpeg
    115.7 KB · Views: 5