On eBay today

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
On mid-year or C2’s as they are more commonly called nowadays, I do prefer the factory “quick take off wheels “ as they were officially called by Chevrolet, knock off’s to most people. They are a beautiful looking wheel, and readily available on the aftermarket. Many will say that the last version of the wheel, the 1967 version was the best of the bunch with its “star burst “ centre cap. But I’ve always loved the 1965/66 spinners, ears as they are sometimes called. At low speeds which is now the norm in 20 mph London boroughs they look great.

Last edited:

Johnrdking

CCCUK Member
On mid-year or C2’s as they are more commonly called, I do prefer the factory “quick take off wheels “ as they were officially called by Chevrolet, knock off’s to most people.
I'm the same, although most of the wheel and tyre packages I've seen that include them are at least ~$3k, so I'll have to start saving!

I need to recondition/replace most of the interior before I start on the exterior - there's a lot the needs rechroming too.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
I saw a complete set of 65/66 wheels, spinners, cones and adaptors for $1k at Daytona in March, too good to walk by so bought them. They were the first buy of the show.

Johnrdking

CCCUK Member
I saw a complete set of 65/66 wheels, spinners, cones and adaptors for $1k at Daytona in March, too good to walk by so bought them. They were the first buy of the show.
You're a lucky man!

Once I've had a few weeks with it, I'll draw up a list of parts/items I need... And see if anyone here has spares they're looking to part with!

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Something to remember when buying a set of knock off’s is, they are sold in sets of 4 which is fine for the car but you won’t have a spare. Fine until you have a puncture and come to change the wheel. Suddenly you standard steel wheel won’t fit, you will also need to take off the adapter for the KO wheel which sometimes can be a pain to get off, as they sometimes bond themselves to the hub.
When supplied new by Chevrolet, you got five wheels.
The more modern knock off bolt on wheels look exactly the same as the knock off’s, but just bolt on like normal. No need for an extra wheel as your spare will still work. Once installed they look exactly the same.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
I wasn’t looking for a set, but saw these about 10 minutes after I got into the show and thought they were too good a bargain to let go. My “ little red flyer” trolley was suddenly full by 08:30 😂

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Yes, the direct bolt on “knock offs” look exactly the same they just bolt onto their special adapters. The cone hides the bolts and spinner goes on by hand tight. No need to hit it with your mother thumper hammer. Visually they look the same. They are now becoming more popular on the aftermarket than KO’s

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
See the bolt on adapter to allow the wheel to be bolted onto the hub. Spinner then just hand tight or a gentle tap on to secure. Cone hides the lug nuts.
IMG_2050.jpeg