97-00 C5 key fob part No 19299230 wanted

V8 YEA

CCCUK Member
97-00 C5 key fob part No 19299230 wanted to replace my passive one on my FRC, I have two later model ones to trade part No 25695954 numbered one and two.
Or anyone who can identify the mercury switch on my passive fob as that helps to work properly apparently !

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
Is your C5 built as an export and uses different frequency as the USA model ?

Does yours not have the passive slider switch as my 99 C5 has as below, which also shows the part number ?
Have you via the DIC setup how you want the car to react to the FOB via the options settings ?
Via the memory switch on the drivers' door, paired up the 2 FOBs and settings you want each to be ?

Sure FOB battery is good ?

C5FOBs.jpg

V8 YEA

CCCUK Member
Thanks for the reply, it's a 99 FRC, US car, we didn't get the FRC over here.
I have the same fob as your picture, same slider, same part No.
The fob pairs up fine and works as it should both in passive and manual but if you move it, around normally or shake it gently, it loses it's pairing until you pair it again.
The other two fobs are one I bought years ago and are for later cars I think, They don't pair and I just thought somebody might be interested in them for their car.
I didn't know you could alter settings via the drivers door memory switch, battery is new.
I read somewhere that the passive fobs have a mercury switch that causes problems, if I hold this one to my ear I can hear something sounds lose inside, I've taken it apart as there is a something rattling on the board but I can't pinpoint it. I also read that if the mercury switch is disconnected it can cure the unpairing.
The reason I was looking for a 97-2000 non passive fob was because I read that it is more reliable.

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
Why do you not go via the DIC and set the FOB setting so that it does not auto open/lock the doors and see if that holds ?

The memory settings on drivers' door, there are 2 memory settings modes
This allows FOB 1 and/or FOB 2 to be set as if 2 drivers and each like different setting for seat, mirrors, steering wheel etc

You make the settings wanted and if using FOB 1 push and hold memory one button down until it flashes,
that says the settings for that FOB are saved in memory

If done for both FOBs then depending on which FOB used the auto settings for it happens

V8 YEA

CCCUK Member
Thanks I'll try all those tomorrow, I'm not sure the FRC has memory on the door being the base model but if it has I'll try it.
I only have the one fob unfortunately.
The mercury switch is top right hand in the picture, the round thing.

Attachments

• D5E1FC5F-B592-494E-8C04-E4F0DAD19A70.jpeg
    D5E1FC5F-B592-494E-8C04-E4F0DAD19A70.jpeg
    301.8 KB · Views: 3

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
Looking at a quick compare of yours and mine, cannot see anything different or loose in mine

rebelfob.jpgfrc.jpg

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
Yes, both of mine do that
That is what causes the FOB to wake up and with movement would auto lock/unlock the doors when passive is in ON position
Did you turn passive off and see how that reacts, but when it is turned off than the FOB buttons have to be used
Attached is the owner's manual of my 1999 C5

Start reading at page 2-6 as to FOB, settings and memory

Attachments

• 1999corvette_owners.pdf
    2.6 MB · Views: 0

V8 YEA

CCCUK Member

part No 19299230​

I tried both on and off, I took it apart again and cleaned everything with acetone. I put a new battery in it which helped it relearn quicker.
I then relearned it and in passive it randomly locked/unlocked the car even when laying on the bench, with passive off it still randomly locked/unlocked and worked once with the buttons and then stopped, sometimes it reacted 10-15 seconds later !
I unsoldered the mercury switch, relearned the fob and so far it does what I ask of it, no random locks, unlocks.
We shall see how it goes but I still want another fob that's 1999 US spec compatible (part No 19299230)
Thanks again for you input.

teamzr1

Supporting vendor

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
This is my model with passive switch

theseoldcars

CCCUK Member
I picked up a 19299230 for my US-market '99 recently (which only had one fob, also passive, also rattly and a bit finicky – most seem to be, these days) and it worked perfectly. Cost about £85-ish landed from RockAuto. (y)

The original still works, mind, and I've put a new battery in it – but it'll be the spare from now on.

V8 YEA

CCCUK Member
I have the exact same one as you, I want the other one because it doesn't have passive to go wrong and it's compatible with my car.
I was hoping to find one in the UK that's surplus to requirements !