C3 350 headers

Mickie J.

New user
Hey everyone my name is Mick and new to the club and have a 73 coupe and want Headers for her for next years season, best ones I can see after some research are the Flowmaster Scavenger series shorties or block huggers they are sometimes called …. Anybody have any views / advice at all….?

cheers Mick.

Roscobbc

Can't help you with specific details - but advice for you with any headers however. Never 'wrap' headers in with that heat resistant cloth. A. it looks crap. B. it will absorb any moisture, condensation and road water and quietly help to rust the headers away without you noticing.
If headers are stainless steel the wrap creates elevated header surface temperature....some grades of stainless steel can suffer enbrittlement as a result and possibly crack.
Ceramic coated headers (inside and outside) help protect from corrosion, have less transmitted noise and heat within the engine compartment, generally lasting longer.

Mickie J.

New user
Can't help you with specific details - but advice for you with any headers however. Never 'wrap' headers in with that heat resistant cloth. A. it looks crap. B. it will absorb any moisture, condensation and road water and quietly help to rust the headers away without you noticing.
If headers are stainless steel the wrap creates elevated header surface temperature....some grades of stainless steel can suffer enbrittlement as a result and possibly crack.
Ceramic coated headers (inside and outside) help protect from corrosion, have less transmitted noise and heat within the engine compartment, generally lasting longer.
Thanx for this had no plans to wrap as like you think look crap frankly,and yes defo ceramic will be the way I will go .

thanks again.