C7 Driver Screws with Cops - Gets wacked

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
What could have been a speeding ticket & a tint violation instead turned into a high-speed chase and the fatal shooting of a Corvette driver Friday afternoon in north Georgia.
News video from a chopper overhead shows the Arctic White C7 Corvette coupe surrounded by police vehicles in the aftermath of the chase, which ended in the shooting of 27-year-old Anthony Richard Fields II.

The incident had begun when Fields reportedly revved his engine a few times before passing a Coweta County sheriff’s deputy on Interstate 85 around 2:20 p.m. The chase initially appeared to end in the concrete gore at the intersection of Herring Road and Bullsboro Drive, but video from a nearby motorist’s car shows the Corvette backing off the raised concrete and speeding away in the other direction, with a deputy in pursuit again.

“He went into the subdivision,” Sheriff Lenn Wood told reporters. “When he came back out, he hit one of our other deputies head-on.”
That deputy was injured slightly in the crash, the sheriff said, adding that he was expected to be released from the hospital Friday evening after treatment of minor injuries.

Meanwhile, the chase continued at speeds of up to 120 mph before the driver finally stopped and got out of the car around Herring Road and Palomino Drive.
At that point, deputies deployed a K-9 dog who had the arm of the suspect in his mouth. When Fields raised his weapon, officers fired multiple times, killing him on the scene. A bullet also went through the K-9, who is expected to make a full recovery.

“We just ask prayers for the officers involved, for our K-9, and especially for the man that was shot,” the sheriff said. “Families don’t ask for this, and we don’t like to do it. I know, talking to a couple of my officers, they’re pretty upset.”

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation is investigating the incident, which is the 65th officer-involved shooting so far in 2023, compared to 79 during the same span last year.
“We’ll wait for the GBI to finish their investigation, and they’ll turn their case file over to the district attorney, who will make a decision if there is any wrongdoing,” Wood said.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Don’t mess with the po lice. They will win every time.

I was once coming through Georgia near the Florida state line on my way back to FL. Middle of the night, got stopped by? Well I think it was a police offer. He had a police car, was wearing a bib and brace with a police badge on the strap, and carried a Winchester pump. Cited me for speeding with a $200 fine.

Didn’t realise how close I was to the state line, if I did I wouldn’t have stopped.