Quiz - Can a Corvette Hold Up an 18-Wheeler ?

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
DeSOTO PARISH, La. (KSLA) - Somehow, everyone involved in a shocking looking crash in DeSoto Parish Thursday morning walked away with no major injuries.
It happened on I-49 N in DeSoto Parish the morning of Oct. 5. The crash involved an 18-wheeler and a blue C7 Corvette.
Somehow, the Corvette became lodged under the 18-wheeler.

A Chevy Tahoe belonging to the sheriff’s office also became struck during the incident.
Crews remained on scene for some time after the crash to clean up materials spilled from the 18-wheeler.
Again shows how strong the A & B pillars are in Corvettes

A passerby who came upon the scene also complimented the response of a particular sheriff’s office deputy. Christine N. shared the following comments with the sheriff’s office:
“I was one of the 1st people to pull up to the accident on I49 this morning. I just wanted to compliment the 1st sheriff's deputy on the scene
I’m not sure what his name is [Cpl. Jimmie Minor] but his command & control of the scene was not only impressive but when it came to cleaning up the scene he jumped in there with the work crew & helped out!

I just wanted to compliment & say thank you to the Sheriff’s Office as well as the State Police for a job well done.”

100923_19.jpg100923_20b.jpg18over.jpg