Searching for a Chrome bumper C3

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Chrome is now and has been for a good few years something older cars had and gives a certain “look” I’ve always liked chrome ( not so much when it starts to look tired) but when it shines, wow.
Many MGB owners reverted their rubber bumpered cars back to the older chrome bumpers for that classic look.

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
Chrome is now and has been for a good few years something older cars had and gives a certain “look” I’ve always liked chrome ( not so much when it starts to look tired) but when it shines, wow.
Many MGB owners reverted their rubber bumpered cars back to the older chrome bumpers for that classic look.
yep, can't beat the look of shiny chrome on those era cars. Simichrome is my go to product

Attachments

• simichrome.jpg
    simichrome.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 5

Vetman

CCCUK Member
The rubber bumper on the MGB and some other British sports cars tended to be ugly fixes to meet the new USA requirements for a 5mph crash. The MG was also raised up to meet the bumper height requirement, which is not what you want to do to a sports car.
In the case of the C3 the flexible ends were a beautiful solution to the problem.

2758C825-6DDC-412B-8DAC-F4F7AAD3D9B4.jpeg

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Totally agree. GM/Chevrolet put quite a bit of thought in the design and application of the new bumper regulation for the corvette. This finished product was excellent and well applied. It bought the car bang up to date. I personally also like the front/back treatment on the 80-82 cars. Again IMO bought them up to date.

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
The rubber bumper on the MGB and some other British sports cars tended to be ugly fixes to meet the new USA requirements for a 5mph crash. The MG was also raised up to meet the bumper height requirement, which is not what you want to do to a sports car.
In the case of the C3 the flexible ends were a beautiful solution to the problem.

View attachment 24889
Agreed the redesigned front does look great and you could say it flows better. Some of older folk just like a bit of bling I guess

bluehot59

CCCUK Member
greig, i always think of mid 70s, 76-79 when i see one, can guess the year as you study each one a bit closer, pic of my 70 just more or less finished, lost storage in new year, one or both may have to go

Attachments

• corvette 70 front.jpg
    corvette 70 front.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 12
  • vette 8.jpg
    vette 8.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 12