Welcome to the new CCCUK website!
Our old website is still available but no longer open for new posts. Click here to visit it. Click here for more information.
If you're not already a member of the CCCUK, join now!

The as-yet-unnamed little red corvette

So, this is my baby.
View media item 203You may have seen some of my previous posts from the old forum.

To give a brief synopsis of where we have been up to this point, it would go something like this:

-Always wanted a C3 with all the chrome trimmings since I had a hotwheels.
-searched for nearly 2 years trying to find the ‘right’ one (meaning one that I could afford but wasn’t a complete junker)
-found one, imported it
-watched in horror as the delivery driver tried to find the h-box neutral position in my automatic gearbox :cry:
View media item 202-discovered the replacement engine’s origin
CCCUK - View topic - Can you identify this engine?
-tried to get my indicators sorted for the MOT
CCCUK - View topic - Indicator/hazards switch
-finding out where my washer pump/bottle is supposed to be
Errrrrr washer bottles and pump location

Now, after ordering £500(ish) in parts for what I hope is the final instalment before the MOT subsequent registration, I find something else out about the previous owner: they didn’t like to slow down for speed bumps.
View media item 229
View media item 230
View media item 231
View media item 233
So that’s a replacement pair of headers :eek:

Anyone know where I can find a reasonably price pair of long tube headers for a square ported zz4 engine?

Also, any suggestions for a name? I’m hitting a blank :unsure:

Norm

CCCUK Member
Name. If the resto goes smoothly and the fact it’s American then ”Screaming eagle Cabernet” if it’s a complete pig then “Red Whine”
Wow, not holding back are you...........I detect just a smidge of sarcasm, red wine screaming eagle or a whining pig, hummm, tough decision to make there. :unsure:

Ummmmmm ......... neither. Thanks :oops: for the ..... errrrr advice on that one.

It’s got to be a name, I haven’t decided if it’s a boy or a girl, and I like literation. So something beginning with C or a V.

Norm

CCCUK Member
I've never got in the habit of giving a personal name to any of my vehicles, around the house I usually go with "the black one, the red one, the blue one, etc." Or calling it by it's model.
If addressing my vehicle to one or a group, I'll stick with the "Z51, the Z06, the C3, etc."