Newly named Yvette, the little red corvette

CrispyCleen

CCCUK Member
So, this is my baby.
View media item 203You may have seen some of my previous posts from the old forum.

To give a brief synopsis of where we have been up to this point, it would go something like this:

-Always wanted a C3 with all the chrome trimmings since I had a hotwheels.
-searched for nearly 2 years trying to find the ‘right’ one (meaning one that I could afford but wasn’t a complete junker)
-found one, imported it
-watched in horror as the delivery driver tried to find the h-box neutral position in my automatic gearbox :cry:
View media item 202-discovered the replacement engine’s origin
CCCUK - View topic - Can you identify this engine?
-tried to get my indicators sorted for the MOT
CCCUK - View topic - Indicator/hazards switch
-finding out where my washer pump/bottle is supposed to be
Errrrrr washer bottles and pump location

Now, after ordering £500(ish) in parts for what I hope is the final instalment before the MOT subsequent registration, I find something else out about the previous owner: they didn’t like to slow down for speed bumps.
View media item 229
View media item 230
View media item 231
View media item 233
So that’s a replacement pair of headers :eek:

Anyone know where I can find a reasonably price pair of long tube headers for a square ported zz4 engine?

Also, any suggestions for a name? I’m hitting a blank :unsure:

N

Norm

Can't help you with the parts, sorry.

But a name? How about just plain..........Reds.

Corvette

Well-known user
Name. If the resto goes smoothly and the fact it’s American then ”Screaming eagle Cabernet” if it’s a complete pig then “Red Whine”

N

Norm

Name. If the resto goes smoothly and the fact it’s American then ”Screaming eagle Cabernet” if it’s a complete pig then “Red Whine”
Wow, not holding back are you...........I detect just a smidge of sarcasm, red wine screaming eagle or a whining pig, hummm, tough decision to make there. :unsure:

Corvette

Well-known user
I rarely hold back. No time! So Will it be a Cabernet or a Red Whine? A few more days of spannering will provide the answer.😃

N

Norm

I believe Mr. CrispyCleen has to answer that, most likely will be neither.......... :)

CrispyCleen

CCCUK Member
Ummmmmm ......... neither. Thanks :oops: for the ..... errrrr advice on that one.

It’s got to be a name, I haven’t decided if it’s a boy or a girl, and I like literation. So something beginning with C or a V.

N

Norm

I've never got in the habit of giving a personal name to any of my vehicles, around the house I usually go with "the black one, the red one, the blue one, etc." Or calling it by it's model.
If addressing my vehicle to one or a group, I'll stick with the "Z51, the Z06, the C3, etc."

67HEAVEN

Well-known user
Red-Hot Chili Pepper. Too long for a personalized number plate though. :D

2cym7tg.jpg

Daytona Vette

Well-known user
So, this is my baby.
View media item 203You may have seen some of my previous posts from the old forum.

To give a brief synopsis of where we have been up to this point, it would go something like this:

-Always wanted a C3 with all the chrome trimmings since I had a hotwheels.
-searched for nearly 2 years trying to find the ‘right’ one (meaning one that I could afford but wasn’t a complete junker)
-found one, imported it
-watched in horror as the delivery driver tried to find the h-box neutral position in my automatic gearbox :cry:
View media item 202-discovered the replacement engine’s origin
CCCUK - View topic - Can you identify this engine?
-tried to get my indicators sorted for the MOT
CCCUK - View topic - Indicator/hazards switch
-finding out where my washer pump/bottle is supposed to be
Errrrrr washer bottles and pump location

Now, after ordering £500(ish) in parts for what I hope is the final instalment before the MOT subsequent registration, I find something else out about the previous owner: they didn’t like to slow down for speed bumps.
View media item 229
View media item 230
View media item 231
View media item 233
So that’s a replacement pair of headers :eek:

Anyone know where I can find a reasonably price pair of long tube headers for a square ported zz4 engine?

Also, any suggestions for a name? I’m hitting a blank :unsure:

Try these boys, they are usually good at finding what you need

http://www.statesideautoparts.co.uk/

Best of Luck

Jimbo64

CCCUK Member
I've named mine Kori, she is a K plate and it was the name of my Doberman dog when I was a lad. Hopefully you didn't have a dog or a rabbit named Fluffy!😂

Took Kori out this afternoon and crossing our road from the side road, heard a nice little scrape, so exhaust been christened in Scotland. Hopefully nowhere near as bad as yours. Rest of the cruise was fabulous, T-tops off, not a cloud in the sky and a cheeky wee blast over the now fully opened Aberdeen Western Peripheral Route (AWPR) 36 miles at basically 70mph. Stopped at lovely seaside town Stonehaven, where me & Mrs G had an ice cream - I know, in February! And then another blast back up coast road to Aberdeen and a cuppa in back garden enjoying the sun.
Loving retirement.

kentvette

CCCUK Member
I..........Stopped at lovely seaside town Stonehaven, where me & Mrs G had an ice cream - I know, in February! And then another blast back up coast road to Aberdeen and a cuppa in back garden enjoying the sun.
Loving retirement.

When I worked, we had a radio station at Stonehaven. Alas, I never got up there. The Station Manager used to say he could tell it was summer when teh rain was warm!:):) Glad that's not strictly true!

CrispyCleen

CCCUK Member
So progress has been slow, being slightly depressed about how much a new exhaust system is going to set me back will do that.

However, I have managed to find an alternative in the guise of a replacement header direct from the States from the good people of Flowtech’s returns department. Flowtech are part of the Holley group and, along with all the other subsidiaries, they have an eBay page dedicated to selling all the parts that are returned due to delivery imperfections. You get what you get, but it’s at fraction of the price of the original.

So with a spring in my step I set out to make a dent in the long long LONG list of jobs to get her on the road.

SO:
-the centre console and most of the centre dash (previous owner snapped it in 2 to get the stereo in :rolleyes:) is out in order to get to the handbrake
-the hand brake cable has been replaced (turns out it didn’t need to be :rolleyes:)
-hand brake pulley wheel replaced eventually. The nut and bolt had cold welded due to being the same grade of stainless steel :mad:
-wing mirror replaced and fitted. The drivers side had been snapped off by the delivery driver :mad:
-headlight mechanism has been extracted and overhauled with replacement bushes, springs and adjustment screws.
-UK correct headlight lenses and bulbs fitted.
-Front side lights re-purposed and re-wired with amber indicator bulbs.
-Reversing lights re-purposed and re-wired with amber indicator bulbs.
-Indicator relay ‘fixed’ with correct resistor for LED replacement bulbs.
-ignition lock barrel replaced.
-steering wheel hub replaced.
-horrendous ignition wiring (bodged by whoever put the crate engine in) repaired enough to pass the inspection. A new wiring harness may be in order at a later date.
-spare tyre extracted. Looks ok, nothing obviously wrong with it, but looks ancient. Better safe than sorry with that one.

Now, the things left to do. That I know of:
-Replace brake fluid
-replace gearbox sump and gasket (slight leak)
-replace engine sump (dented due to some impact damage)
-replace flywheel guard (missing entirely :eek:)
-replace exhaust headers (when they ever arrive)
-replace spare tyre
-find a location for new washer bottle and pump
-figure out why all my dials don’t work.
-try to reassemble the interior without it falling to pieces

o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O
View media item 275
View media item 276
View media item 277

CrispyCleen

CCCUK Member
Oh, I also removed approximately 2 bin bags full of dried leaves from various ports, ducts, vents and other orifices that has somehow managed to accumulate over the years. They even managed to get into the battery compartment behind the drivers seat!?!:rolleyes:

Nick B

CCCUK Member
Glad to see you've been cracking on with it mate, your remaining to-do list is really not that bad, you'll be on the road for the summer.

Then you can join the UK red Corvette club with me and Jimbo!

f08f8020-edc5-489e-b82d-de3dc04bfc5fmm.jpg

CrispyCleen

CCCUK Member
That’s the plan. It’s really frustrating not being able to buy tickets to the Silverstone Classic without my registration.