The history of the origin of your Corvette colour

SESH

CCCUK Member
Not much chance of equatorial temperatures in down town Dagenham UK but louvres were a must have for any budding Boy Racer with a Ford Capri in the 1970`s !!!View attachment 25606
Indeed, I was a Capri man back in the 70's, had quite a few, all 3000's. Plus of course the rear louvres. If I remember correctly they were made by Auto Plas near me in Hockley, Essex.
Mike

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
Indeed, I was a Capri man back in the 70's, had quite a few, all 3000's. Plus of course the rear louvres. If I remember correctly they were made by Auto Plas near me in Hockley, Essex.
Mike
And a set of Wolfrace wheels hopefully for max street cred? ;)

Attachments

• Capri Wolfrace.jpg
    Capri Wolfrace.jpg
    241.2 KB · Views: 2

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
"All Corvettes are red, the rest are mistakes.” Spoken by John Heinricy, the leader of Corvette development group of test drivers at a meeting on paint quality and choices of colour for the new C5 Corvette.
:)
I had two Torch Red C5's back in the day that looked more orange than red in bright sunlight 😬

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
I had two Torch Red C5's back in the day that looked more orange than red in bright sunlight 😬

Why I never like Corvette red due to that orange look

Finally, GM did it right with the Red Mist for the C8s
Older Corvettes, owners are using now that paint color but a bit darker shade

Almost like the Candy apple red I did for my 1975 C3

Redmist.jpg

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Along with flared trousers , platform sole shoes and long hair . The decade of high taste ??? :ROFLMAO:
Hard to imagine driving in those platform shoes. I know my dad did. They were on the way out by the time I was driving 1977, at least I can’t remember me driving in them, walking, running in them but not driving.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Hard to imagine driving in those platform shoes. I know my dad did. They were on the way out by the time I was driving 1977, at least I can’t remember me driving in them, walking, running in them but not driving.
Pedaling my HB Viva was a bit of a challenge in them that`s for sure !!