Throttle cable problem

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
Morning all, you know when you have been fiddling with something and then wished you hadโ€™nt ?!!. I had nevever liked the look of my throttle cable routing , in that it exits the firewall then turned very sharp right then left to the engine side of my ignition shielding bracket. I disconnected it and put it in front of the bracket to give a more gentle bend. Reconnected it but only have half throttle and struggling to get up hills . Cant see what has changed as only the cable connector nut and the clamp were removed and re fitted. ๐Ÿค”any suggestions welcome. ๐Ÿ‘

johng

CCCUK Member
I'd try disconnecting the throttle cable and then checking that you can move the throttle linkage fully open by hand. Also check whether you can get full throttle movement on the cable whilst it's disconnected. Some photos would be helpful.

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
I'd try disconnecting the throttle cable and then checking that you can move the throttle linkage fully open by hand. Also check whether you can get full throttle movement on the cable whilst it's disconnected. Some photos would be helpful.
Thanks jg, I should have taken a pic before undoing the clamp. I put it back with the flange of the metal ferrel part up against the clamp but in fact it neede to be half way along it to take the slach out of the inner cable. It just wasnt moving it enough to open the secondaries. All ok and flying again now. ๐Ÿ‘

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
Hi again, tried to re route it again to get rid of the tight bend but it is a bit too long to get the metal ferrel bit of the cable to line up with the holding clamp. So back to square one , I may have to route it as it was, i just hate the sharp double 45degree bends around the plug lead chrome shielding .๐Ÿ˜คany pics of your routing appreciated๐Ÿ‘

Roscobbc

The routing on mine has been much the same as yours - but more extreme.......68's are k nown to have issues with the pedal assembly not providing enough cable movement.
I doesn't harm to either use a heavier weight return spring or stick on an additional one to make sure the cable retracts fully. I had loads of issues getting WOT when I swapped from Quadrajet to Holly.

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
Your's is a clone of my C3 so I'll snap a pic tomorrow as I've just boxed the garage up and took the cork out of a bottle of Rioja ๐Ÿท