Why do they do it? Same thing every time.

Stingray

CCCUK Member
Just been doing an oil change on the C7 this morning. Same old, same old. Both drain plugs done up tighter than tight and oil filter installed by Tarzan himself.

Drives me nuts.

Roscobbc

Much the same with ally wheels......done up so tight that an impact hammer or breaker bar won't shift them.....and the dissimilar metals almost fuse to each other.....

Stingray

CCCUK Member
Much the same with ally wheels......done up so tight that an impact hammer or breaker bar won't shift them.....and the dissimilar metals almost fuse to each other.....
Yes, been there - done that. Maximum violence needed to sort it out.

On the plus side today's oil change was one of very few that didn't leave a puddle of oil on the drive. I well remember the first, back when Samantha Fox and Linda Lusardi were on page 3, when I started filling with fresh oil having forgotten to replace the drain plug. That particular driveway probably still bears the scars of a couple of litres of Duckhams 20-50.

Forrest Gump

CCCUK regional rep
Yes, been there - done that. Maximum violence needed to sort it out.

On the plus side today's oil change was one of very few that didn't leave a puddle of oil on the drive. I well remember the first, back when Samantha Fox and Linda Lusardi were on page 3, when I started filling with fresh oil having forgotten to replace the drain plug. That particular driveway probably still bears the scars of a couple of litres of Duckhams 20-50.
Oops, Sounds like you were distracted๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†

Forrest Gump

CCCUK regional rep
Iโ€˜ve heard this is a very common call out for the AA when people are trying to change a punctured tyre/ wheel. They manage to get the car jacked up but simply canโ€™t undo the wheel nuts, or if they get the nuts off, the alloy wheel itself is stuck fast. Big hammer, wooden block & WD40 required.