1959 C1 Wiring Ammeter

Graham Sunbeam

Regular user
Hi all I am having problems with wiring a Ammeter battery gauge on a 1959 C1 I need to know witch side is the red wiring on and what side is the black wire on . There is a resistor on the black wire I think where dose it fit to next ? I have looked at two wiring diagrams and both are different sides for the red and black and do not show the resistor at all can some one help thanks Graham.

Pitre

Chairman, CCCUK.
May be helpful?

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
See if any of this is helpful, as I found in searching for 1959 C1 Amp meter and wiring

At worst if red and black wires are on wrong posts of meter then when ign key on the pointer goes wrong direction
so swap them
Being the meter is in series with positive, cannot harm meter if wrong and just swap reds/black ( which really is also 12 volts)

373.jpg59ampres.jpg59amp.jpg

Last edited:

Graham Sunbeam

Regular user
Hi all I am having problems with wiring a Ammeter battery gauge on a 1959 C1 I need to know witch side is the red wiring on and what side is the black wire on . There is a resistor on the black wire I think where dose it fit to next ? I have looked at two wiring diagrams and both are different sides for the red and black and do not show the resistor at all can some one help thanks Graham.

Graham Sunbeam

Regular user
Hi thanks for that it helps a lot also do you know where the resistor is fitted on the gauge on black or red and where then is it connected to thanks for the help Graham .

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
I find no images or info in searching internet of a 59 amp gauge itself having any resister
What made you think there is one to meter ?

Some C1 owners deleting the amp meter replaced it with a resistor to complete that 12 volts circuit that needs like 20 plus amp draw ability

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
IF the resistor was connected in place of the amp meter than
yes, remove that and replace with the meter

Graham Sunbeam

Regular user
Hi I have just found the pics by going on the net with [corvette 1959 battery gauge wiring ] at the top it shows a pic of an alternator click on that and the third pic is the one with the resistor thanks .

Pitre

Chairman, CCCUK.
Graham, I've been sent this jpg by another member (Chris Sale)... Hopefully this will help 👍

Attachments

• C1 Ammeter Wiring.jpg
    C1 Ammeter Wiring.jpg
    296.5 KB · Views: 6

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
Your post here has been about an AMP meter
Do not confuse that with a VOLT meter, it has the resister and do not think AMP meter does
It also has different post wiring connections than AMP meter does

DSC07986.jpg