1965 L79 Just started back firing

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
Might be worth while checking fuel pressure. Previous use of the car with ethanol fuel content could partly damage diaphragm within the pump......not sufficient to stop pump partly working under normal low demand conditions but would perhaps fail to deliver sufficient fuel when giving it stick.....or maybe when cranking engine over with empty fuel bowls......had it happen to me half way up a Kop Hill climb run.......
I gave it a bit of welly as much as you can on roads this time of year and it didn't hesitate at all. Roll on Spring so I can give a decent run out

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
Well bit of a mystery as we only changed the plugs to the non resister type. Graham came armed with old school points, condenser, starter motor but none were needed. Chris brought a 1965 carb technical guide. No change at first but one last crank before the start to change other parts with the go peddle hard down and it spluttered into life then ran sweet. Put it all back together and went for a short 5 mile trip and it ran absolutely fine fingers crossed 🤞

Massive thanks to Chris Sale & Graham Knott both C2 owners and members.

Do you guys index the plugs when you install them ?

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
I have done this for years,
here is a write-up on indexing, and it works

615oDcaa.jpg

Last edited: