2023 CCCUK Corvette Nationals Change of Event Date

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
We the CCCUK Committee have taken on board the frustration caused by the clash with our 2023 Corvette Nationals and Speedfest and the potential impact on the Nationals attendees. We have therefore taken the decision to move the Corvette Nationals to 15th & 16th July which unfortunately does clash with an event at Goodwood but we jointly felt this was the best solution. For the racers, there is a RWYB day at Santa Pod on the Saturday 15th July!

Any members that took a chance and booked a room for a different date will have or will be contacted by the Aviator Hotel to move your booking to the new dates or cancel your booking if the new dates are not convenient.

Anyone requiring overnight accommodation for the Corvette Nationals can now book a room at the Aviator Hotel by email only please following the instructions below:

The address to which reservation applications should be made is bookings@aviatorhotel.co.uk

Standard room £81.00 per night

Superior Room £91.00 per night

Applicants need to provide the following information:

Full name(s)

Telephone Number

Room Type (only standard and superior double are available – no family/ twin/ king rooms are left)

Number of occupants

Arrival Date

Number of nights required

If breakfast is required (£11.95 per person)

Aviator Hotel will deal with applications in time / date order received and will telephone applicants when we have resources available to collect card details and confirm the booking.

Venue:

Sywell Aerodrome
Web: www.sywellaerodrome.co.uk

Apologies for any inconvenience caused due to circumstances beyond our control.

Best regards,

Stuart Curtis

CCCUK North West Regional Representative

Corvette Nationals & Corvettes at the Lakes Planner.
nationals@corvetteclub.org.uk
07810 183644

Last edited:

johng

CCCUK Member
Talk about Sods Law. I really wanted to go to both the Speedfest and the Nationals this year and thought that wouldn't be possible. Now the committee have very kindly decided to move the date of the Nationals to help me out and yesterday I booked a holiday which includes the 15th and 16th of July😢😢😢

Invetterate

CCCUK Member
We the CCCUK Committee have taken on board the frustration caused by the clash with our 2023 Corvette Nationals and Speedfest and the potential impact on the Nationals attendees. We have therefore taken the decision to move the Corvette Nationals to 15th & 16th July which unfortunately does clash with an event at Brands Hatch but we jointly felt this was the best solution. For the racers, there is a RWYB day at Santa Pod on the Saturday 15th July!

Any members that took a chance and booked a room for a different date will have or will be contacted by the Aviator Hotel to move your booking to the new dates or cancel your booking if the new dates are not convenient.

Anyone requiring overnight accommodation for the Corvette Nationals can now book a room at the Aviator Hotel by email only please following the instructions below:

The address to which reservation applications should be made is bookings@aviatorhotel.co.uk

Full name(s)

Telephone Number

Room Type (only standard and superior double are available – no family/ twin/ king rooms are left)

Number of occupants

Arrival Date

Aviator Hotel will deal with applications in time / date order received and will telephone applicants when we have resources available to collect card details and confirm the booking.

Venue:

Sywell Aerodrome

Best regards,

Stuart Curtis

07810 183644
Good move - thank you, Gentlemen!

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
Talk about Sods Law. I really wanted to go to both the Speedfest and the Nationals this year and thought that wouldn't be possible. Now the committee have very kindly decided to move the date of the Nationals to help me out and yesterday I booked a holiday which includes the 15th and 16th of July😢😢😢

John, if it makes you feel any better it was announced the very instant all the t's had been crossed and I's dotted

monty

CCCUK regional rep
In my opinion it’s not a good move, people have already booked hotels and I think our event loses credibility just so that it does not clash with another event when ours was out first (I believe).
Mike penn
Central South Region Rep

monty

CCCUK regional rep
Also out of courtesy an email should have been sent out to all members and firstly to regional reps before putting it on here.
Members don’t always look on here.

Mike Penn
Central South Region Rep

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
In my opinion it’s not a good move, people have already booked hotels and I think our event loses credibility just so that it does not clash with another event when ours was out first (I believe).
Mike penn
Central South Region Rep

Mike, I know you made you thoughts clear when the clash was first noticed (Nationals was booked nearly four months before the Speedfest date was released) and at first I wanted to agree. We did look at options and decided it was in the best interests of the club and its members to change the date. We had always intended to avoid July for this year as other events were bumped into July making it very crowded - Corvette Fame, Stars and Stripes, Silverstone being three large and well attended events but who knew our luck would be so bad to clash with Speedfest.

There really isn't any easy solution but I appreciate the feedback.

Stuart

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
Also out of courtesy an email should have been sent out to all members and firstly to regional reps before putting it on here.
Members don’t always look on here.

Mike Penn
Central South Region Rep
A mojo to all members has been sent shortly after I posted this. The website was where the topic was discussed at length so it made perfect sense to me to post it here first.

I don't see the point of singling out Regional reps in this case? Care to explain Mike?

monty

CCCUK regional rep
Hi Stuart
Its not the point of singling out Regional Reps first, but we the Reps are supposed to keep our regional members up to date of events and changes.
We all know only too well that a number of members don’t look at our website, therefore an email from the committee or Regional Reps is the best way of communication in this instance.

Fortunately the change of date makes no difference to me as I will/can still attend.

Mike Penn
Central South Region Rep

Last edited:

Forrest Gump

CCCUK regional rep
We the CCCUK Committee have taken on board the frustration caused by the clash with our 2023 Corvette Nationals and Speedfest and the potential impact on the Nationals attendees. We have therefore taken the decision to move the Corvette Nationals to 15th & 16th July which unfortunately does clash with an event at Brands Hatch but we jointly felt this was the best solution. For the racers, there is a RWYB day at Santa Pod on the Saturday 15th July!

Full name(s)

Telephone Number

Number of occupants

Arrival Date

Venue:

Sywell Aerodrome

Best regards,

Stuart Curtis

07810 183644
Many thanks Stuart and the committee. I know my region’s members will be very pleased they can attend both events (apart from John).

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
I have to agree with a lot of what Monty has said . I sincerely hope that the change of dates for the Nationals does now not alienate other members that have already made plans for the original date . It has always been patently obvious that there is a strong and active contingent in the club that are all based in the south / south east of the country and it may be perceived that the committee has bowed to pressure rather than stick to their guns with the originally planned Nationals date . It begs the question that a non CCCUK event takes precident over a club event that had been planned and publicised months earlier . As a regional rep I find it disheartening enough to get members to turn out and support events I try to organise rather than go off and do their own thing and this U Turn by the committee sends out the wrong signals in my opinion . On a personal level I currently cannot commit to the new dates yet as my holiday plans which fitted in neatly between the Nationals and another event Mike Lacey and I are working on have just been scuppered and I now need to find an alternative holiday booking subject to available dates .

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
I have to agree with a lot of what Monty has said . I sincerely hope that the change of dates for the Nationals does now not alienate other members that have already made plans for the original date . It has always been patently obvious that there is a strong and active contingent in the club that are all based in the south / south east of the country and it may be perceived that the committee has bowed to pressure rather than stick to their guns with the originally planned Nationals date . It begs the question that a non CCCUK event takes precident over a club event that had been planned and publicised months earlier . As a regional rep I find it disheartening enough to get members to turn out and support events I try to organise rather than go off and do their own thing and this U Turn by the committee sends out the wrong signals in my opinion . On a personal level I currently cannot commit to the new dates yet as my holiday plans which fitted in neatly between the Nationals and another event Mike Lacey and I are working on have just been scuppered and I now need to find an alternative holiday booking subject to available dates .

I think you're reading too much into it Chuffers. The clash was very unfortunate and WE have the ability to do something about it and to avoid it whereas the organiser's of Speedfest won't have that at their disposal. As for bowing to pressure from the southern regions, nothing could be further from the truth. It's my 'job' to put this event together and having given it some thought, looked for alternative dates, checked with Sywell that the move could be done without the loss of a significant deposit, checked the planned entertainment could move dates etc, etc I put it to my committee colleagues who backed me all the way and I'm anything but a southerner.

I will reiterate, the decision made was to benefit the club and its members.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
I just hope that all the club members already booked / planning for the Nationals can make the new dates . As I have received nothing via mojo yet informing members of the change I will mojo all BBNC members immediately to inform of the changes.

Forrest Gump

CCCUK regional rep
.................I will reiterate, the decision made was to benefit the club and its members.

Exactly and well done.

The Nationals and Speedfest are going to be great events this year and now members can go to both, and not have to make a difficult choice.
I can't see the date change being a drama for the vast majority of people. I bet most of the membership would not have put even the original date in their diaries anyway.

Come to Speedfest Chuffer and bring some of your crowd - you'll have a great day.
Then we will all see you at the Nationals (if you're going this year?!)

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Exactly and well done.

The Nationals and Speedfest are going to be great events this year and now members can go to both, and not have to make a difficult choice.
I can't see the date change being a drama for the vast majority of people. I bet most of the membership would not have put even the original date in their diaries anyway.

Come to Speedfest Chuffer and bring some of your crowd - you'll have a great day.
Then we will all see you at the Nationals (if you're going this year?!)
As I stated in an earlier post on this topic I would not consider dragging myself all the way down the M1 from Junction 15 with its inherant dangers of Non Smart Motorways , then do battle with the M25 and Dartford crossings each way even though I am sure Speedfest will be a great event . As for attending the nationals I am afraid that the jury is out at the moment . I was notified yesterday that my planned classic sailing ship adventure booked for end of June / early July that did`nt clash with the nationals has been scuppered as the company has gone down the tubes and I need to find an alternative holiday that fits in with my wife`s annual leave availablity . If I am there I am there , if not I will be somewhere else . :unsure:

GCorvette

CCCUK Member
I'm certainly very grateful for the committee's action as I really wanted to attend both.

A Corvette race like the one at Brands will be very special to witness, yet I of course would want to support the club also.

Thank you Stuart & all involved. 😎👍

Pitre

Chairman, CCCUK.
As the new club chairman I fully endorse this date change and I'm very grateful to the rest of the committee who have made it happen.

This was a tough decision as we knew that it would be potentially difficult for some members, but as Stuart said it was done in the very best interests of the club as a whole and the majority of the members in this very special 70th anniversary year of Corvette.

I thank you on behalf of the committee for your support and sincerely apologise if this has inconvenienced you.

We all very much look forward to seeing as many members as possible at the Nationals at Sywell in July!

Peter Sansbury, Chairman