2023 CCCUK Corvette Nationals Change of Event Date

Rich

Administrator
A last year's AGM, I closed my Chairman's report by saying that everything that the Committee does "has to be to the benefit of the Club and the Members".

Of course no-one can please everyone all the time but on this occasion there was a significant clash with Speedfest which is a fantastic event attended by many Members (over 30 member cars last year). The prospect of a Corvette only race on the schedule resulted in two large Corvette events clashing during the 70th anniversary year.

The Committee, and Stuart in particular, listened, bit the bullet and invested the time in changing the date of the Nationals. This was to the benefit of many Members who now have the opportunity to attend both events and the Club could be promoted at both events also.

Whilst the Nationals' date change may have inconvenienced a few members, far more would have faced the conundrum - Nationals or Speedfest.

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
News just in! The gala dinner entertainment is now booked. Those that attended the Nationals at Sywell last year will remember the fabulous Lola Lamour. Well she's back but this time as part of the group Built for Speed which includes her husband Kevin a C2 owner and club member. As this year is the 70th anniversary of our fabulous Corvettes with the first one rolling down the line in the 50's in the heights of Rock & Roll we thought it would make for a good theme (thanks Mike Buchanan) and Built for Speed & Lola will bring plenty of rock & roll!

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
News just in! The gala dinner entertainment is now booked. Those that attended the Nationals at Sywell last year will remember the fabulous Lola Lamour. Well she's back but this time as part of the group Built for Speed which includes her husband Kevin a C2 owner and club member. As this year is the 70th anniversary of our fabulous Corvettes with the first one rolling down the line in the 50's in the heights of Rock & Roll we thought it would make for a good theme (thanks Mike Buchanan) and Built for Speed & Lola will bring plenty of rock & roll!
Better get some Brylcreme in , though don`t know what I will put it on ! :ROFLMAO:

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
I should add for those there last year, the Cirrus function room is too small for a band so Sywell are letting us set them up on the massive terrace. So that's it then, expect rain 🥴

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
Moving the Nationals means you get to see the Chodosh families Corvette racers at Speedfest and now the Nationals too!

Bernie's V8's are hoping to have C1, C2 & C3 Corvette race cars on display :cool:

Last edited:

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
Nigel will be sending out more details soon but for now I can let the members know that Classic & Sportscar magazine will be attending the Nationals on Saturday and they have compiled a very specific list of one of each era Corvette they want to feature in a future issue. C1 - 1953, C2 - SWC, C3 - Big Block chrome bumper, C4 - ZR1 etc so as mentioned, very specific!