87 C4 Serpentine Belt failure!

Neil_McN

CCCUK Member
Evening all,
I type this as I’m waiting for breakdown recovery after the serpentine belt on my 1987 C4 gave way. I’m a newbie to this unfortunately so haven’t fully got to grips with parts suppliers yet. What’s the quickest way to source a replacement? I’ve seen them for sale to order from the US but is there anywhere nearer (I.e. quicker) that would stock them?
Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.
Neil

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Evening all,
I type this as I’m waiting for breakdown recovery after the serpentine belt on my 1987 C4 gave way. I’m a newbie to this unfortunately so haven’t fully got to grips with parts suppliers yet. What’s the quickest way to source a replacement? I’ve seen them for sale to order from the US but is there anywhere nearer (I.e. quicker) that would stock them?
Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.
Neil
Try Corvette Kingdom , they probably have them in stock Hope you get sorted and have fun fitting it . I have recently replaced the serpentine belt on my 5.7 Hemi Jeep and an extra pair of hands was very useful trying to get it on all the pulleys and releasing the tensioner !! :cautious:

Steven Smith

CCCUK Member
If Eurovetts haven't got one in stock the quickest would be Rock Auto, normally around 3 days delivery from the State's but over Christmas will be longer I would have thought.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Try CM Frosts in Wellingborough , they cover everything American from early years up to current models . Always found them helpful and they do have a large warehouse of parts .

Oneball

CCCUK Member
TBH It is just a belt. So if you know the size you can buy one from eurocarparts etc.

For example it’ll say something like 6pk2345 on it. Which is length and number of ribs.

Neil_McN

CCCUK Member
Hi, I’ve got one one order from Rockauto which should be with me any day hopefully. The belt was showing signs of delamination so definitely needed changing. As far as I can tell I don’t think it had ever been changed so was still the original 1987 vintage one. I only got the car in the summer with about 50k miles and around 16 years of static storage so I’m finding lots of bits like this.

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
I had my FTO in static-ish (pushed around the garage occasionally :ROFLMAO: ) for 5 years and that had a complete recommission after I put it back on the road. Cost a fair packet, but we're car people and have nothing else to spend our money on :ROFLMAO:

Neil_McN

CCCUK Member
Agreed. The guy I bought it from had it for a couple of years from the chap who’d stored it and had started the job. He’d already had quite a lot done thankfully so the car runs generally quite well. Or at least did… 🙄