"Barn Find" '91 C4 ZR1 on Ebay

Roscobbc

Shame to see such a great car for sale as a Barn Find? Opportunity for someone who knows what they are doing? Mot expired Feb 2007:
corvette zr1 | eBay
The farmyard ZR1 has been featured by Jonny Smith's Late Brake Show - interesting, really hope they lubed-up the bores before towing in gear.......and what about the cams running dry......?

Last edited:

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
Having owned and raced starting with C3 and then early year C4s that were lucky to have 200 flywheel HP, BIG SMOG pigs
When the ZR-1 came out it was a must I own one as it was design to run at high speeds (with my tuning the ECM )
of 185 MPH non-stop in Open Road racing I did
At speeds really over 140 MPH the car got too much lift and could feel what they caused in handling at speeds

So I had two goals
1. generate more downforce
I did that with a custom front undertray
Vented lightweight clamshell hood
Custom-made side rails with more of a slant and tested in GM wind tunnel gained another 5 MPH
Fully functional and adjustable rear wing

2. Make the car lighter
The custom hood reduced front end weight
Used the rear hatch glass which weighed like 60 pounds s a mold and had a Plexiglass made to replace it
(though early high speed tests, it would flap like bird wings :)
Removed spare tire
Removed passenger seat was like 70 pounds

Then had Belstein make up new FX3 shocks to function well for all these changes

With all those changes,

ss4.jpgsp7.jpgsp12.jpgbl94vet.jpgb94vet2.jpgbb9.jpgb94vet3.jpg that ZR-1 would haul ass very nicely and still drive like a cruiser on the street
With all those changes, this ZR-1 was a true racer yet ran very well on the streets

ss4.jpgsp7.jpgsp12.jpgbl94vet.jpgb94vet2.jpgbb9.jpgb94vet3.jpg

Last edited: