C2 Buyers Guide

Johnrdking

CCCUK Member
Very timely, I'm in the midst of buying a C2 right now. I bought this 'essential buyers guide' on a whim from Ebay, and it was much more helpful than I thought it would be.

What I'm missing is a gallery of good quality reference photos. On a 'good' example, what does the underside of the dash look like? How should the interior trim in the rear look?

Similarly, what does 'bad' look like?

I saw expanding foam in the pillars of an example I saw, where the interior trim was missing - is that salvageable? Or should you walk away?

I reckon this group could build on the great work already done in the PDF if folks have the time.
20240408_114509.jpg

Vetteheadracer

CCCUK Member
Very timely, I'm in the midst of buying a C2 right now. I bought this 'essential buyers guide' on a whim from Ebay, and it was much more helpful than I thought it would be.

What I'm missing is a gallery of good quality reference photos. On a 'good' example, what does the underside of the dash look like? How should the interior trim in the rear look?

Similarly, what does 'bad' look like?

I saw expanding foam in the pillars of an example I saw, where the interior trim was missing - is that salvageable? Or should you walk away?

I reckon this group could build on the great work already done in the PDF if folks have the time.
View attachment 25832
Hi John,

Tom Falconer is a club member and a noted expert on especially the early Corvettes. I haven't read Tom's Guide but I suspect it will be a lot more detailed than our guide.

I have lots of pictures of C2 and indeed other era Corvettes showing the Good, the Bad and the downright ugly......not that there is really an ugly C2.

Johnrdking

CCCUK Member
On the bright side it might float if you drove it into a lake.....
Yeah... I'm going to look at it again and check the birdcage with a borescope...
Hi John,

Tom Falconer is a club member and a noted expert on especially the early Corvettes. I haven't read Tom's Guide but I suspect it will be a lot more detailed than our guide.

I have lots of pictures of C2 and indeed other era Corvettes showing the Good, the Bad and the downright ugly......not that there is really an ugly C2.

Unless you're willing to share your whole picture gallery with me, if I sent you some interior pics - could you give me some honest views?
@Mr. Cricket has already been very helpful in telling me what to look out for!

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Hi John,

I think these C2’s are bloody ugly
IMG_1939.jpegIMG_1938.jpeg

Anglia318

Regular user
Please find attached a PDF File of the C2 Buyers Guide that we as a Club have put together.

C2 Buyers guide ...Down loaded it .....Spotted this my C2 ....has electric motors rotating the head light buckets ...From your buyers guide ....Pop Up Headlights.... The headlights rotate thanks to a vacuum reservoir. Try switching the lights on with the engine off. If they don’t rotate quickly or at all then it is likely there is a vacuum reservoir leak, this is a common problem on C2 & C3 Corvettes.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Must have been a typo on the C2 buyers guide, as of course they are electric not vacuum. Quite a few C3’s have been converted to electric headlights, supposedly is an not too difficult conversion.