C3 - 1975 Throttle cable where to buy the right one

GiuG

CCCUK Member
Hi guy, I need you advice, someone can point me in the right direction, my nechanic is struggling to find the correct throttle cable for my car, could a generic GM cable suit the purpose?
like this one? Thank you in advance!!!
1708094359367.png

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
The one you're looking at is "universal" I doubt fits for 1975 MY as GM made a change for that in 1975

Here is stock one to compare to

Some info might help

I have an issue with my 72 , the cable it came with is too long and makes two 90’ bends and is worn. I ordered a replacement but that is the same length. I am having it shortened by 5 cm and hopefully the company can add an adjuster as well. This slight reduction should exit the firewall and go almost straight to the carb clamp. I will report back when It is done 👍

Roscobbc

I have an issue with my 72 , the cable it came with is too long and makes two 90’ bends and is worn. I ordered a replacement but that is the same length. I am having it shortened by 5 cm and hopefully the company can add an adjuster as well. This slight reduction should exit the firewall and go almost straight to the carb clamp. I will report back when It is done 👍
If the OEM carb has been swapped-out for different carb (especially if inlet has been changed too) the stock cable may not be suitable.......

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
If the OEM carb has been swapped-out for different carb (especially if inlet has been changed too) the stock cable may not be suitable.......
Yes, 👍my inlet is an aftermarket ali performance one with holley 650 dp. The PO had used a stock cable with the holley bracket but I was never happy with the excess cable bending r and then L around the ignition shielding bracket. Hopefully this new shortened version will sort things out. 👍

Roscobbc

Yes, 👍my inlet is an aftermarket ali performance one with holley 650 dp. The PO had used a stock cable with the holley bracket but I was never happy with the excess cable bending r and then L around the ignition shielding bracket. Hopefully this new shortened version will sort things out. 👍
Similar issue to what I experienced only in my case the original cable was too short - seem to recall sourcing an aftermarket unit which helped to a degree.......but a '68 has another of those 'one-off' '68 specific things - a gas pedal assembly which not adjusted-up sufficiently seems to only just have enough travel to open the secondaries about 3/4 of the way........so you need to bend the gas pedal linkage and try to avoid (in the exitement perhaps of a 'match' race) burying your right foot too hard and deep in the carpet.......or you'll risk bending it........well known thing with 68's on the USA Corvette Forum!