Duntov turbo C3

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Here’s one some of you may not of seen or heard of before
The 1980 Duntov turbo corvette.
I’ve seen 2 in the flesh both at the Daytona Turkey run ( different years ) I must admit i did like it.
There were supposed to be 100 made, but it was very expensive at $30k compared to a nicely loaded factory standard vet at $15k.
Only 86 were officially built/sold.
IMG_1951.jpegIMG_1950.jpegIMG_1948.jpeg

Roscobbc

Double the price perhaps of the stock late C3 @ £30K and you can perhaps understand buyer reluctance...........roll-on a few years and in to the production of the C4.........people seemed perfectly happy to pay double the 'shelf price' for a GM certified Callaway Corvette.........wonder if the late Reeves Callaway was peed-off when GM introduced the C4ZR1 at.......double the price of the stock C4?

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
A nicely loaded 1980 model ran $15k so it was double the standard T-Top coupe. Turbo charging was a little bit of black magic to the US buyer at the time, so it was a double whammy for sales. It also had a 305ci as opposed to the normal 350 because California was its targeted market, and the 350 didn’t meet the emissions.
By 87 turbos were more widely excepted, even so the additional for the B2K option was only for the brave, and of course you had bragging rites at the golf/country club if you had one.
Same with the ZR1 when it was released in 1990z