Insurance renewal - unpleasant surprise

Stingray

CCCUK Member
Insurance renewal arrived, proposing an increase from £550 last year to more than £1,000 at this renewal!
Time to do some tedious legwork...

If anyone has recommendations for a £50k C7 that don't start with an F and end with an x I'd be interested to know.

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
Insurance renewal arrived, proposing an increase from £550 last year to more than £1,000 at this renewal!
Time to do some tedious legwork.
Is that after a full NCB and on a Multi-car policy? How many miles p.a.? You haven't turned 70 during the year as well have you? As we know car insurance premiums are "rocketing" up.

Guys with C8s are getting a surprise on renewal too:

Had my C7, before I sold it, with LV on a multi-car policy. The price was less dealing with them direct than what showed up on price comparison websites. Guys in Notts with C7s & Camaros also using LV. Let us know what you get it down to and with who.

Last edited:

scazman

Regular user
I've recently gone through this - my renewal premium went up over 60% compared to 2022 price I paid.
Despite this, by far the cheapest for me for my C7 Grand Sport is still Admiral, who I've been with for 5 years now, despite the price hike, which I managed to haggle down to 45% increase by phoning them. Was £321 last year, now £464

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
Mmm? Just got my LV renewal notice for my two daily drivers (only me as driver) multi-car policy. With full NCB on both and including breakdown cover, thats gone from £682 to £1,031. An increase of £349 (51%). Might have to do some legwork too.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Just got the renewals through on a couple of my vehicles. My Mondeo went from £502 to £940, that was with Tesco. Will definitely have to shop around.

antijam

CCCUK Member
Just renewed the insurance on my C3. Went from £96.80 last year to £108.32 - a rise of 12%, which considering I had a (my fault) accident last year and that I'm now seriously into old fart territory at 81, I didn't think was too bad. This was with Adrian Flux and although I searched around as a matter of principle I couldn't find a competitive quote elsewhere.
Flux are usually very competitive on quotes for my three old bangers, although not for my 2016 Mustang this year.

Stingray

CCCUK Member
OK, so original renewal quote was £1,003 - up from £538 last year.

I checked with LV who said they "don't insure that type of car".

GoCompare has now led me to Admiral Gold at just £487 (including NCD protect which was only an additional £10) for up to 5,000 miles.
Total excess £925 of which £425 compulsory and £500 voluntary.

Job's a good 'un.

ClassicLineInsurance

Supporting vendor
Time to do some tedious legwork...

If anyone has recommendations for a £50k C7 that don't start with an F and end with an x I'd be interested to know.
If you haven't already, you are welcome to give us a call for a quote too. Our office number is 01455 639 000. We've just closed for the day, but we'll be open again from 9am tomorrow morning. Please do also mention the CCCUK when you speak to us. Thanks very much.

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
OK, so original renewal quote was £1,003 - up from £538 last year.

I checked with LV who said they "don't insure that type of car".

GoCompare has now led me to Admiral Gold at just £487 (including NCD protect which was only an additional £10) for up to 5,000 miles.
Total excess £925 of which £425 compulsory and £500 voluntary.

Job's a good 'un.
A "Result" indeed! Admiral Gold a Defaqto 5 Star rated policy too, as you might expect:
You're right, looks like LV no longer insures C7s. I got the same message from their online quote system.

Last edited:

Stingray

CCCUK Member
If you haven't already, you are welcome to give us a call for a quote too. Our office number is 01455 639 000. We've just closed for the day, but we'll be open again from 9am tomorrow morning. Please do also mention the CCCUK when you speak to us. Thanks very much.
You are most kind. When I bought this C7 back in 2015 I was pleased to insure with your goodselves for the initial years. It wasn't an easy car to insure at that time and I was grateful for your cover. As a consumer, it's quite bizarre how rates and attitudes change over the years. I'll be more than happy to be in touch again as and when, depending how things work out. I try to buy "good cars" and then keep them for a long time. At 10 years old they're typically "just run in".... :)

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
Just renewed the insurance on my C3. Went from £96.80 last year to £108.32 - a rise of 12%, which considering I had a (my fault) accident last year and that I'm now seriously into old fart territory at 81, I didn't think was too bad. This was with Adrian Flux and although I searched around as a matter of principle I couldn't find a competitive quote elsewhere.
Flux are usually very competitive on quotes for my three old bangers, although not for my 2016 Mustang this year.

What is that rate for, yearly, every 6 months or monthly ?

So you guys do not feel it is an issue in the UK only
I used one insurance company for 20 years
Went to renew for 21st year and was told they would not renew me because since I never had any accident or file a claim
and zero traffic tickets, not even a parking one

That their computer model forecasted that I mathematically was ready to have one, so they dumped me
I than went to another company, have been with them for 30 years
I prefer to pay every six months, for 2 cars

In the last 2 years, every 6 months they have raised the policy rates so just this month I called the fricking agent for
him to tell me due to 8-10 MILLION illegal aliens here with no driver's license, license plates or insurance and them crashing into Americans
the insurance company has to pay for the damage and thus raise Americans rates to pay for the wetbacks illegal actions

Also stated due to the high costs of EV crashes and higher costs for replacement parts that we all should pay out the nose
for what others do :(