Interior Dye Advice

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Don't do it.........ever!
It would probably be a very very safe bet to say I won’t do it. I’ve probably been thinking about it since the mid nineties. ( sad I know) the thing is I love the bright blue interior, but I also like white interiors. Nearly all my full size convertibles have had white interiors and tops. I prefer white convertible tops.
I like matching exterior interior colours ie blue/blue, red/red etc, but love white interiors on convertibles.

Roscobbc

It would probably be a very very safe bet to say I won’t do it. I’ve probably been thinking about it since the mid nineties. ( sad I know) the thing is I love the bright blue interior, but I also like white interiors. Nearly all my full size convertibles have had white interiors and tops. I prefer white convertible tops.
I like matching exterior interior colours ie blue/blue, red/red etc, but love white interiors on convertibles.
Strange aren't they (our personal tastes). I don't like white interiors......just seems an unwise and very plain option. I hate current hi end Mercs, BMWs, Audi's and especially RR's with white interiors with a vengeance.......and much like the mindset of so many interior designers I just think it typifies the monochromatic brain that can only think in various shades of white and black. Don't get me started on the metallic blacks and pearl whites. However I do like a C7 in white with either contrasting black or carbon fibre trim. Don't ask me why I'm perfectly happy owning a white C3 with black interior?

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Strange aren't they (our personal tastes). I don't like white interiors......just seems an unwise and very plain option. I hate current hi end Mercs, BMWs, Audi's and especially RR's with white interiors with a vengeance.......and much like the mindset of so many interior designers I just think it typifies the monochromatic brain that can only think in various shades of white and black. Don't get me started on the metallic blacks and pearl whites. However I do like a C7 in white with either contrasting black or carbon fibre trim. Don't ask me why I'm perfectly happy owning a white C3 with black interior?
That’s why older American cars are so varied. When ordered new the options list was so vast they could be tailored to the new buyers individual taste. My own car for instance, power steering but manual brakes. For the extra $43.05 you would get power brakes. Not a lot of extra outlay, and as most cars were bought on finance the extra on the monthly payment would have been hardly worth worrying about. I’m glad they ordered the hardtop tho, just nice to have.

Last edited: