Just more Proof GM Marketing Hypes 0 to 60 MPH Times

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
I knew back with the 2020 C8 that GM was pulling bogus marketing crap to make the 0 to 60 MPH times look great
I suspected their numbers and suspected it was not from a standstill launch but a rolling start before their on-board timer starts
GM had to admit that but still does not make it clear to the C8 buyers that the timer is more like about 5 to 60 MPH, so numbers look better

Here is another owner, this time with a 2024 E-Ray on a track

Roscobbc

0-60 times (unless on a low powered daily driver) are useless anyway as a measure of performance.......0-100 times are far more indicative of real world performance.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
I could be in a little mini or a Lamborghini, I still wouldn’t be able to get me home any quicker. 13 miles takes anything from 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Solid traffic all the way. 🙁

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
0-60 times (unless on a low powered daily driver) are useless anyway as a measure of performance.......0-100 times are far more indicative of real world performance.

I agree but clear GMs marketing the now base C8 is $70,000 is steered to waxers and the only racing they do is against old ladies at a stop light and legal speeds to 60 MPH
Sure, does not point to what a sports car is designed for

I plugged the specs of the E-Ray into the model/simulator I have used for many years and the numbers come close to the real ability of the car
and clearly GM giving a 2.1 second 0-60 is not from a standing start but a rolling more like 5-60 MPH so 0-60 is really more like a 3.x seconds and even then the numbers would change depending on if the all season or summer only tires are used

eraysim.jpg