Let's See Your Own Corvette Personal Favorite Photos

Roscobbc

Ding, ding, ding. We have a winner!
I suspect most people are unaware that in 1967 (C2), and 1968-69 (C3) there were three different hoods on the Corvette.
One for small blocks; another for 427 big-blocks; and still another for the legendary L88 big-block.
My hood is not OEM - an 'aftermarket' piece bought off Tom some years back - someone may recognise the car it came off - the colour under the satin black is a pale metallic blue, supposedly a 'known' UK car from a few years back.

67HEAVEN

Well-known user
Corvette was available so I grabbed it.👌
Okay, then why L88 previously?

Permit me to add a '67 L88 photo (sadly, not mine). Notice the intake holes at the rear of the open hood. The chrome/black insert remains in place at the front of the stinger...
1967ChevroletCorvette-L88-12miles-3.jpg

Corvette

Well-known user
L88 as a BB 69 I imported had the chalk body number of 188 . N14 car that has some interesting bits on it and along with another member a lot of L88 were sourced. Car is gathering dust as C2’s have taken over so new username is Neutral.

Great detail in your pic.

67HEAVEN

Well-known user
L88 as a BB 69 I imported had the chalk body number of 188 . N14 car that has some interesting bits on it and along with another member a lot of L88 were sourced. Car is gathering dust as C2’s have taken over so new username is Neutral.

Great detail in your pic.
There is so much interesting stuff to know about the earlier cars. For example, your N14 car was unique among C3 cars. Why? Because, in spite of all the C3s of various years with factory-style side pipes on them, 1969 was the only year they were available from the factory on a C3.

As to your 188 body number, my car was a 500 body number, discovered during my rebuild. This photo is of the rear bulkhead (normally blocked from view by the fuel tank). It also appeared on the firewall, and on the inside of both doors.
Build500-bulkhead-500.jpg

Corvette

Well-known user
There is so much interesting stuff to know about the earlier cars. For example, your N14 car was unique among C3 cars. Why? Because, in spite of all the C3s of various years with factory-style side pipes on them, 1969 was the only year they were available from the factory on a C3.

As to your 188 body number, my car was a 500 body number, discovered during my rebuild. This photo is of the rear bulkhead (normally blocked from view by the fuel tank). It also appeared on the firewall, and on the inside of both doors.
View attachment 783
Yes the rear of the deck lid area often shows a clean number even on a muddy UK car.