Looking for a really good C5 or C6

phn

CCCUK Member
Hi there I am new to the club and am looking for a really good Corvette ideally a 2001MY or later C5 or C6 (or maybe even a C3.)

My budget is approx £12-£18K.

I am looking for a really good condition car that requires no work doing, as I am not good with car mechanics.

Please PM me if you have something that may fit.

FIVE RED

CCCUK Member
No knowledge of a C6 but plenty on here saying a C5 is a great choice. A quick look on ebay threw this up:
Price is above your budget but open to offers. Plus points are low mileage, only 2 owners, a late C5, could be worth a look although I've no knowledge of the seller but I've heard the name. Perhaps someone on here will jump in.

Reactions: phn

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
Hi there I am new to the club and am looking for a really good Corvette ideally a 2001MY or later C5 or C6 (or maybe even a C3.)
Welcome to the club. Think you will find it very hard, if not impossible, to find a really good condition C6 for £18k. On any US import car, it's essential to have a CARFAX report on it, to ensure that it has not been written off/heavily damaged in the US.

phn

CCCUK Member
No knowledge of a C6 but plenty on here saying a C5 is a great choice. A quick look on ebay threw this up:
Price is above your budget but open to offers. Plus points are low mileage, only 2 owners, a late C5, could be worth a look although I've no knowledge of the seller but I've heard the name. Perhaps someone on here will jump in.
That does look nice! I will have to search under the bed and down the side of the sofa to see if I can find a few more coins! 😁

curious bystander

CCCUK Member
EU04CVR was owned for years by a CCCUK member if I'm not mistaken. A very well looked after car.
The second owner has only had it about 6 months and took it to the Isle of Man last September when we were there. No idea why he's parted with it so soon.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep

My budget is approx £12-£18K.

I am looking for a really good condition car that requires no work doing, as I am not good with car mechanics.

Please PM me if you have something that may fit.
Welcome to the club . Don`t know where you are based but there is a nice looking 2006 C5 Auto for sale at Berkshire Jeeps in Wokingham asking £24,995 with just 38, 625 recorded miles . Looks like it may have a Borla exhaust system from photos . Having bought two Jeep Grand Cherokee Hemi V8`s from Jason in the past I can recommend him . Really nice guy to do business with . Good luck with your hunt for your dream car . (y)

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
Welcome to the club . Don`t know where you are based but there is a nice looking 2006 C5 Auto for sale at Berkshire Jeeps in Wokingham asking £24,995 with just 38, 625 recorded miles . Looks like it may have a Borla exhaust system from photos . Having bought two Jeep Grand Cherokee Hemi V8`s from Jason in the past I can recommend him . Really nice guy to do business with . Good luck with your hunt for your dream car . (y)
That (C6) car is some way over over PHN's budget. More importantly a) Its a US spec car b) It may be registered in the UK in 2006, but its a 1st year 2005 model year car. You see that in the ad photos by the 4 speed tranny carried over from the C5 and the 4 spoke steering wheel. 2006 on cars have the 6 speed auto with the the paddle shifters on the steering wheel. Personally I wouldn't buy a 2005 and definitely not at £25k, even considering the relatively low mileage.

Last edited:

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
That (C6) car is some way over over PHN's budget. More importantly a) Its a US spec car b) It may be registered in the UK in 2006, but its a 1st year 2005 model year car. You see that in the ad photos by the 4 speed tranny carried over from the C5 and the 4 spoke steering wheel. 2006 on cars have the 6 speed auto with the the paddle shifters on the steering wheel. Personally I wouldn't buy a 2005 and definitely not at £25k, even considering the relatively low mileage.
I am fully aware of PHN`s budget but are you really going to get a " really good late C5 or C6 " in that price bracket ???

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
I am fully aware of PHN`s budget but are you really going to get a " really good late C5 or C6 " in that price bracket ???
C6 No/C5 Maybe. If I was PHN, I would see what response I got on here from club members re a deal price that is advantageous to both buyer and seller/cuts out the dealer mark up for flipping it. As I said elsewhere, happy to say that I sold my C6 & C7 to club members at fair prices everyone was happy with. The C5 above with Steve at Oldcott Motors at £20k, is not too far away from £18k. He might take less for it for a quick/no PX cash sale? Here's a cheaper <£18k 2000 car:
2000 Chevrolet Corvette 5.7 V8 2dr Coupe Petrol Automatic | eBay

Last edited:

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member

phn

CCCUK Member
Happy to report that I have now sold my car and put a deposit down on a C5 that I will collect in a couple of weeks! :D

I decided to go for the 50th Anniversary one mentioned at the start of this thread, as when I went to view it, it was in by far the best condition of any of the others I have seen.

The owner of Oldcott motors (Steve) has been fantastic thoughout, even opening the garage up specially on a Sunday so I could test drive the car when I was in the area, and also allowing me as much time as I needed to inspect the car, along with a decent test drive and no sales talk!

So I am now super excited and looking forward to lots of fun with my new car! I will of course post some pics when I get it!

BobbyV8

CCCUK Member
Happy to report that I have now sold my car and put a deposit down on a C5 that I will collect in a couple of weeks! :D

I decided to go for the 50th Anniversary one mentioned at the start of this thread, as when I went to view it, it was in by far the best condition of any of the others I have seen.

The owner of Oldcott motors (Steve) has been fantastic thoughout, even opening the garage up specially on a Sunday so I could test drive the car when I was in the area, and also allowing me as much time as I needed to inspect the car, along with a decent test drive and no sales talk!

So I am now super excited and looking forward to lots of fun with my new car! I will of course post some pics when I get it!
Well done Philip. Looks a great car, have fun. Looking forward to meeting up soon 👍

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
Do not worry about the C5 standing up to high mileage and being pretty solid
One of our guys with his 2001 Z06 has gone over 200,000 miles and counting with no engine or tranny issues, neither have had to
have any internal repairs

I custom tuned the engine controller about 20 years ago to increase the performance and Z06 still functions well

Bobn01Z200kmiles.jpg

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
Thanks for your support everyone - I'm counting the days until I can pick it up! :D
See in the ad its both 50th Anniversay model and "Euro spec." Very nice! Wonder if it was originally UK (Vauxhall?) dealer supplied or has come to UK from mainland Europe? Either way, does the car have a Certificate of Conformity (CoC) document in the paperwork? If so, thats handy to have.