Please guys, Air Blower Issue, Inferno is here, in my c3

GiuG

CCCUK Member
Hi everyone,
finally I got back my 1975 from the mechanic and I found many things to fix.
1st Big problem.... Even the air is switch off, the car is blowing hot air, really inferno hot!! Mainly on the central dash above the gauges cluster and on the side under the dash giving the hot feet syndrome. Probably I need to replace the fresh air door seals, and I need to have a look the control panel that is clearly broken. I can't switch off the hot hair at all, and the wipers switch is start melting down. So, anyone, kindly, can tell me witch wire I need to cut, in the engine bay, in order to cut off the blower? the colours code of the cables are not the correct one so a picture would be great?! Anything is more than welcome, even an explanation how normally it suppose to work, If you have the same problem any suggestion could save my life from a day in the hell.
Thank you in advance!!!!

Roscobbc

Go to the engine compartment - go to the passenger side of the firewall behind the engine - the heater assembly is there - look for cables connected to it - there will be a black earth cable hopefully - pull it off the spade tag........hopefully that will prevent the fan from operating.

GiuG

CCCUK Member
Go to the engine compartment - go to the passenger side of the firewall behind the engine - the heater assembly is there - look for cables connected to it - there will be a black earth cable hopefully - pull it off the spade tag........hopefully that will prevent the fan from operating.
Thank you Roscobbc, I saw some Corvette forum around as well, some guys isolate the brown cable on the heater assembly, to avoid the blower works, in the "switch off" position, but my car does not have the colour code on the cable anymore, some suggest to unplug the 30amp fuse cable, that goes to the blower. Rarely, but happen, the cable components inside melt down together, make the blower run at maximun when you turn the key... Also some engine bay fume comes in the cockpit.... not good at all.

GiuG

CCCUK Member
I resolved the problem ...for now. I found a water tap valve that stop the hot water going into the air blower system, this helped to reduce a lot the heating!! I`d like to thanks everyone for the support at least with your brain storming you lead me in the right direction.... thank you!!!

Last edited: