Reg # 63 UET in DVLA Auction

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Went to view a corvette in east London ish in the late 80’s, seller had a few corvettes, had a green painted 63 with the plate 1 UET. The U was nearly turned into a V, had a very slight curve at the bottom. More V than U. Looked good.

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
Went to view a corvette in east London ish in the late 80’s, seller had a few corvettes, had a green painted 63 with the plate 1 UET. The U was nearly turned into a V, had a very slight curve at the bottom. More V than U. Looked good.
No details on DVLA (is a car taxed?) for 1 UET, UET 1 or 1 VET. But VET 1 is on a Kia Hybrid. Wadda waste! ;)

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
No details on DVLA (is a car taxed?) for 1 UET, UET 1 or 1 VET. But VET 1 is on a Kia Hybrid. Wadda waste! ;)
Had no idea if the plate was still about now, as it was probably 35 years ago.
VET plates of course have always been popular with corvette owners but are also very popular with vets. ( veterinary’s)

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
Just wondering if those 3 "no details" numbers above are on retention certificates? Reg # C6 UFO that was on my C6 when I sold it in 2019 also has no details of being on a car per the DVLA "is a car taxed" search.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
They probably are. Once a number is put on retention, the DVLA list it as “no details” as it’s not assigned to a vehicle.

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
If I had a quid for every time someone asked are you a Vet then even when my V8 VET plate was on a Corvette I'd be rich. It's been on my F Type for a few years but that is going soon so the plate is going on her horsebox. I had been thinking of a Mustang for my daily and putting V8 VET on that to mess with folks but I've stayed with Jag with a new XF instead

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
I think it’s mainly corvette guys who associate VET lettered plates with Corvette’s. The majority of people will associate it with veterinary types.