Remember this?......

antijam

CCCUK Member
1971-chevrolet-corvette-c3-t-top (1).jpg
.........It was up for sale back in July for £72,500 :eek:

Well, it's up for sale again, this time on eBay, apparently now having lost £15.5k in value! ;)

1971-chevrolet-corvette-c3-t-top.jpg

I seem to remember someone on the forum bought it in the interim - maybe now the current seller? Perhaps not the ownership experience he was hoping for?

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
That’s always the thing with restorations, the costs just run away from you. What doesn’t help is Corvette specific items are probably the most expensive for US vehicles.

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
Sounds like it and it does happen. A mate just sold his I think '82 that he spent 80k on. Got 25k but he would tell you and I agree, the pleasure he and his wife got over 20 plus years was worth it

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
Keep it up early C3 sellers......chrome bumper C3's have long lagged behind C2's and its really about time they started to achieve more realistic prices.......mine is starting to look cheap in comparison now.........:unsure:
yes, great C3 but sometimes you just have to say meh, gimme the cash

Letank

CCCUK Member
I saw it in the flesh at last years NEC Classic car show, where it was for sale at £72,500 on the Graeme Hunt stand. It had obviously had a restoration but I suspect it wasn’t done by someone in the know. At that price you expect attention to detail, but random holes in the fender grilles and body colour where chrome should be…..
762A398D-2548-418A-96E0-518AC9FD5F15.jpeg

Last edited:

Letank

CCCUK Member
£57k is very steep for what it is in the C3 market, but if someone out there wants a full body off restoration and isn’t prepared to pay the £70k+ on top of the price of a car for one, then it might turn out to be good value in the long run!

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
I saw it in the flesh at last years NEC Classic car show, where it was for sale at £72,500 on the Graeme Hunt stand. It had obviously had a restoration but I suspect it wasn’t done by someone in the know. At that price you expect attention to detail, but random holes in the fender grilles and body colour where chrome should be…..
View attachment 24584
You coming this year Steve? My '66 is on the club stand and the '65 on Classic American / Kingstown shipping stand.

Letank

CCCUK Member
You coming this year Steve? My '66 is on the club stand and the '65 on Classic American / Kingstown shipping stand.
I might be there on the Sunday but it’s a bit up in the air at the moment.

You’re only taking two? What about the other two?! 😂

I will certainly come and say hi if I make it over.