Show card or interesting information

MilkyNoSugar

CCCUK Member
With a new show season almost upon us, I would like to create a show card to put on my 72 Corvette, 454 convertible when I am at Sporting Bears events and other shows. I got the car last summer, and only did a couple of events last year.

I have started to pull together some facts and figures that people may find interesting, but would welcome input from the many experts on this forum who may already have done this for their cars.

Jeremy

Attachments

• IMG_2169.JPG
    IMG_2169.JPG
    145.4 KB · Views: 6

Roscobbc

I guess include the usual things - how many Verts in white were produced our of a total of XXXX Vettes - how many BB's (LT1?) were in that colour (out of how many BB's) - how many auto/manuals etc out of how many were in same configuration as yours. Engine spec's - max speeds etc - original cost with options. And so on

Rich

Administrator
With a new show season almost upon us, I would like to create a show card to put on my 72 Corvette, 454 convertible when I am at Sporting Bears events and other shows. I got the car last summer, and only did a couple of events last year.

I have started to pull together some facts and figures that people may find interesting, but would welcome input from the many experts on this forum who may already have done this for their cars.

Jeremy
Suggest you also add any info to your vehicle details on your Sporting Bears profile. If you are doing Dream Rides, this will then be lifted onto "the Wall" at the event which has details of all the Dream Ride cars including photo, spec and pricing so that the public can make their choice. Hope to see you at some SB events.

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
Apart from the electronic ones you scan the best one's I've seen plant one of your wheels on a plate with a stand with an info plate. Two or three pieces so easily fit behind the seats. Nice BB C3 bty

MilkyNoSugar

CCCUK Member
Suggest you also add any info to your vehicle details on your Sporting Bears profile. If you are doing Dream Rides, this will then be lifted onto "the Wall" at the event which has details of all the Dream Ride cars including photo, spec and pricing so that the public can make their choice. Hope to see you at some SB events.
Already done. I have been in the Bears for quite a few years so know how important the wall is to getting rides and raising money. I actually won the best non-American award at the nationals a few years ago with my TVR Tamora when the Bears came along to offer Dream Rides.

MilkyNoSugar

CCCUK Member
I guess include the usual things - how many Verts in white were produced our of a total of XXXX Vettes - how many BB's (LT1?) were in that colour (out of how many BB's) - how many auto/manuals etc out of how many were in same configuration as yours. Engine spec's - max speeds etc - original cost with options. And so on
Thanks. Is there a source where I can find that level of detail?

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
You could also get one of those "Car Facts" discs where people scan the Q-code on the disc with their phones to get all the details of your car.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
The corvette black book is an excellent source of information. Gives production numbers, options available inc costs and quantities ordered.
Well worth buying.

Vetman

CCCUK Member
Interesting to look back and see there was a time when a convertible corvette was cheaper than a coupe.
The buying public decided that T-tops were more practical for the daily driver. As an old classic car, kept in a garage and used on sunny days, then why not have a convertible.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
The buying public decided that T-tops were more practical for the daily driver. As an old classic car, kept in a garage and used on sunny days, then why not have a convertible.
T-Tops certainly were a great idea, and on the early C3’s you could also remove the rear screen creating a very open breezy feeling.
The car in coupe form was obviously better suited to the majority of buyers over the years.
But to me, there’s nothing like a convertible.