TH350 vacuum modulator

CrispyCleen

CCCUK Member
Question for those who really know their TH360 transmissions. In the photo below you can see the vacuum modulator passing through the housing on my TH350 Whilst I’m doing an oil, filter and gasket change.

Question: is the end of the the modulator that sticks inside the housing supposed to go all the way into that recessed hole you can just see beyond the tip or is this correctly installed?

CrispyCleen

CCCUK Member
Wow! Nice find!! Well that fluffs that hypotheses. Still don’t know why I'm changing and such low revs regardless of how much right foot I use.

I've tried everything to do with the vacuum line itself. I have the modulator in my hand and it holds a vacuum well enough. I generate plenty of vacuum as I go up the Rev range. I have disconnected everything else that uses a vacuum and left the modulator connected.

Either the adjustment in the modulator is busted or theres something off in the gearbox itself.

CrispyCleen

CCCUK Member
You know what, in investigating this issue, I have had ti read up on my carb and it was in the wrong position. But it isn’t now but there’s still no change.

i did take the modulator off yesterday and it could be a little corroded, but it held a vacuum. However I haven’t seen the entire length of the hose that connects it. I’ll pop it off when I get a chance and have a look, good idea.