Throttle cable.

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
Hi all, finally got around to fitting the new throttle cable, The one I had shortened by 5cm. Nice almost straight route to the throttle arm now. I have’nt fired her up yet so just need to check I am getting wot and that it is not hanging up or dragging. Looking forward to a test drive. Not too fiddly a job as I feared. IMG_7794.jpeg

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
Hi all, finally got around to fitting the new throttle cable, The one I had shortened by 5cm. Nice almost straight route to the throttle arm now. I have’nt fired her up yet so just need to check I am getting wot and that it is not hanging up or dragging. Looking forward to a test drive. Not too fiddly a job as I feared. View attachment 25582
Sort of dry roads in cornwall today so finally got to road test my new throttle cable. Its a thumbs up and a success ful exercise. The stiff , jerky throttle is no more and makes for a much more driver friendly experience. . Well worth exploring going down the cable shortening route if folk experiencing similar issues with a “too long” cable. A shout out to Simon at “escadean” cables in Perry Bar Birmingham . They did exactly what I requested for £25 quid +vat and postage. Came back looking just like the new stock cable I sent them but 5cm shorter.
Very pleased 👍