Tim’s 2024 Season

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Good luck this time around Tim and broken arms eh ?? Sorry I can`t get over to Silverstone on 13th / 14th to cheer you on as have plans for that weekend . If things change I will try to grab a last minute ticket and pop over .
We’re going on holiday in a bit. I’ve been banned from working on cars till we’re back! We were supposed to be going to Spain the week I broke my arm last year!!

johng

CCCUK Member
Tim I'm going to miss the Speedfest this year, as we are on holiday, but I'm planning to go to the Brands Hatch meeting on 29th June. Will you be there on the Saturday?

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Tim I'm going to miss the Speedfest this year, as we are on holiday, but I'm planning to go to the Brands Hatch meeting on 29th June. Will you be there on the Saturday?
I’m not sure at the moment, that was the one I might not be around for, I’ll know nearer the time.

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Have you bought another car? Don't remember seeing that one next to the Corvette before.
Yes, I sold the Mini racer that I’d owned for 30 years as I decided I couldn’t have 2 race cars.

I wanted a classic car and did think about a C4 Vette but this came along; 1962 Mercury 50k miles, original paint, interior, engine etc. and just thought it looked fab. Auto PAS AC. Big block Ford.

VzKpLvG-0%21sizeoriginal.jpegdCKsQ9s-0%21sizeoriginal.jpegLPm9qtp-0%21sizeoriginal.jpeg

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
Being it has Kansas plates on it, how is the underside as to rust or road salt damage ?
Did that big ass A/C unit come with the car new or added ?

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
Rebuilt rear shocks back on, brakes bleed after rebuilding a calliper that leaked last year and meant I didn’t get to do the CCCUK track day. Timing set, just needs a wash and it’s ready for next weekend.

View attachment 25815

Here is another C3 racer for sale,

If having at like $140,000

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Being it has Kansas plates on it, how is the underside as to rust or road salt damage ?
Did that big ass A/C unit come with the car new or added ?
All good, sills, quarters, boot, doors, floor, no repairs anywhere.

It’s an old aftermarket kit but it’s the same compressor as Ford fitted back in the, Rolls Royce used them too.

Forrest Gump

CCCUK regional rep
Good to see a C5 taking part in Bernie’s V8s. I know he’s been doing other series for the last couple of years.
I’ve never seen anyone racing a C4 in the UK, maybe there is somewhere. You would think they would be quite a good car to go racing with.

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Good to see a C5 taking part in Bernie’s V8s. I know he’s been doing other series for the last couple of years.
I’ve never seen anyone racing a C4 in the UK, maybe there is somewhere. You would think they would be quite a good car to go racing with.
The C4 had limited factory support in racing, there was the one make race series and IMSA but that was a silhouette category at the time. It was the C5 that kicked off their come back to international sports car racing I think.

The C4 Le Mans car was for sale last year.