UK has some really foul birds :-)

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
“Lincolnshire Wildlife Park in the UK revealed they are taking eight cuss-happy African Grey parrots, including five who went viral in 2020 and grouping them with 92 “non-swearing” birds to improve their language.

‘I’m hoping, above the general noise of the flock, the swearing will be drowned out’, the park’s chief executive Steve Nichols told [the press].

‘When we came to move them, the language that came out of their carrying boxes was phenomenal, terrible. Not normal swear words, these were proper expletives’.”

But the people responsible for the birds are aware of a potential grave danger: if all goes wrong, Lincolnshire Wildlife Park could end up having one hundred cussing parrots!
African Grey parrots are known for their acute cognitive abilities (equal to a 5-year-old human) and impressive skill to mimic speech.

“’Six of them have got men’s voices, two of them have got ladies’ voices, and when they’re all swearing it does sound really bad’, Nichols said.”
The five birds were quarantined together due to the Draconian lockdown mandates.
They somehow taught each other ‘a wide range of curse words and expletive phrases’.

“’People have come to us, but they think it’s highly amusing, we haven’t had one complaint’, Nichols told The Guardian in 2020.
‘When a parrot tells you to f—k off, it amuses people very highly. It’s brought a big smile to a really hard year’.”

Now, those eight birds are still swearing like sailors, and will have to endure the latest experiment to try and stop the cursing completely.
Or else, there’ll 100 crazy parrots cursing all at once.

phild

CCCUK Member
I imagine it sounds much like when the kids get on the train, near me, when leaving school for the day. Its certainly been an education to me having led a very sheltered life. :):)