Welcome to the new CCCUK website!
Our old website is still available but no longer open for new posts. Click here to visit it. Click here for more information.
If you're not already a member of the CCCUK, join now!

UTAH VOTES $5 MILLION TO RESTORE BONNEVILLE SALT FLATS

Norm

CCCUK Member
Good deal! I'm not a land speed record aficionado, but I do enjoy seeing man go as fast as one can on the ground.

I've posted a few of these early on. My visit there in May '13 was surreal, we were the only humans there, nobody, no trash, no nothing, the place was clean of all of whatever was there in the past.

I made it out the the beginning of the black line, was going to just get on it to beat all, but then, well if I blow this engine up, who am I gonna call, Ghostbusters??? No cell phone reception. Then I remember seeing this warning sign, Caution, sink holes present.....duh.....

My conservatism came back real quick. Even with sunglasses on, it was so bright, my eyes had a hard time focusing.

Bonneville.jpg Copy of WP_20130510_016.jpg WP_20130510_011.jpg WP_20130510_013.jpg WP_20130510_014.jpg WP_20130510_015.jpg WP_20130510_017.jpg WP_20130510_018.jpg WP_20130510_019.jpg

Last edited:
I project managed a music video shoot there in 2013 (had a brief cameo appearance too) and for me it was like walking out on hallowed ground.

Nobody else cared 2 figs about the history, but it was very special for me. Desolate, hard on the eyes, but stunning.

Like being on another planet (the reason we choose the location) but thankfully a few tributes to the speed records on hand.

Very cool memories. :cool:

FB_IMG_1552726224196.jpg

Good deal! I'm not a land speed record aficionado, but I do enjoy seeing man go as fast as one can on the ground.

I've posted a few of these early on. My visit there in May '13 was surreal, we were the only humans there, nobody, no trash, no nothing, the place was clean of all of whatever was there in the past.

I made it out the the beginning of the black line, was going to just get on it to beat all, but then, well if I blow this engine up, who am I gonna call, Ghostbusters??? No cell phone reception. Then I remember seeing this warning sign, Caution, sink holes present.....duh.....

My conservatism came back real quick. Even with sunglasses on, it was so bright, my eyes had a hard time focusing.

View attachment 1717 View attachment 1718 View attachment 1719 View attachment 1720 View attachment 1721 View attachment 1722 View attachment 1724 View attachment 1725 View attachment 1726
Was there in 2001, sign looks newer but the bullet holes are still there!