Visit to North Norfolk Steam Railway - Saturday 6th July

Visit to North Norfolk Steam Railway - Saturday 6th July
Posted by Pitre
The Mulberry Tree (Attleborough), then Holt station, then Sheringham.
Sat 6 Jul 2024 - 09:00
Until: Sat 6 Jul 2024 - 17:00
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

Start: Sat 6 Jul 2024 - 09:00
End: Sat 6 Jul 2024 - 17:00

Pitre

Chairman, CCCUK.
CCCUK EAST ANGLIA REGION (but open to all!)

We have organised a visit to the North Norfolk Steam Railway Vintage Transport Festival on Saturday July 6th. Although the event runs all weekend, we have arranged for 'more modern' vehicles to attend on the Saturday. The parking area will host up to 400 'vintage' cars (i.e. over 30 years old) on the Sunday, so there will be plenty of room for us on Saturday.

The big plus is that each of us can get an 'all day rover' ticket to hop on/hop off on the North Norfolk Steam Railway (NNR) with unlimited use for the whole day (up to 5pm) for a prepayment of only £5 (normal price £22)! PLEASE NOTE: This offer is limited to the number of people attending in a Corvette or similar classic which is on display in the designated parking area and each car/driver must pre-register through myself and pay £5 per ticket required in advance. N.B. This event is not limited to CCCUK members.

We will meet at the new CCCUK regional venue, the Mulberry Tree in Attleborough, to leave at 9am so that we drive up to Holt Station and park in the Hospital field right next to the station for around 10am. Although we may drive up together I should say that this is not a convoy so please make sure you know how to get to Holt Station! After parking up members will be free to roam the NNR as they wish. The railway runs for approximately 11 miles from Holt to Sheringham with one stop en route at Weybourne.

Although there are a number of eateries in Sheringham I am suggesting that those that want to could meet up for lunch at The Crown pub on the promenade (next to Sheringham Museum) although this is entirely optional and I'll confirm nearer the day.

In addition, there should be one or two vintage buses/coaches at Holt and we can get a ride on them for free too. For more details on the NNR please visit their website at https://www.nnrailway.co.uk/vintage-transport-weekend/

If you would like to reserve a place and pre-book your train tickets please let me know your name, car registration and number of tickets required and I'll confirm payment details.

It should be a great day out and I'll (almost) guarantee great weather!!

Peter Sansbury