Wire query

Blondie69

CCCUK Member
Hi all, can anyone let me know where / what the highlight wires go and what are they for?
1 - grey is for lights but where should it be plugged in?
2 - it's been tapped up but I'm not sure what it was for. It's got a black and strange wrapped wire.
Anyone got any ideas?
Many thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20240225_120614_455~2.jpg
    IMG_20240225_120614_455~2.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 24

Steven Smith

CCCUK Member
Just found a colour wiring diagram on line for a 69.
I have downloaded but too big to attach here, but this is the link:
Hope that helps.

Steven Smith

CCCUK Member
Hi all, can anyone let me know where / what the highlight wires go and what are they for?
1 - grey is for lights but where should it be plugged in?
2 - it's been tapped up but I'm not sure what it was for. It's got a black and strange wrapped wire.
Anyone got any ideas?
Many thanks
If the wiring diagram is correct, black goes to the chassis earth point and light grey links dipped beam and high beam on each side from the light switch.
Looks like someone has done some "modifications".
Need to remove tape, see if it's original wire, if so what colour and trace it back to origin.

Blondie69

CCCUK Member
If the wiring diagram is correct, black goes to the chassis earth point and light grey links dipped beam and high beam on each side from the light switch.
Looks like someone has done some "modifications".
Need to remove tape, see if it's original wire, if so what colour and trace it back to origin.
😆 Yep I'm finding lots of modifications. Thank you for the link I'll have a look. 😁

Forrest Gump

CCCUK regional rep
Isn’t that a hose that has the tape around it? I think that canister is a vacuum relay for opening the wiper door and the hose plugs onto it. Maybe the hose has got a split, hence the tape?

Blondie69

CCCUK Member
Isn’t that a hose that has the tape around it? I think that canister is a vacuum relay for opening the wiper door and the hose plugs onto it. Maybe the hose has got a split, hence the tape?
The picture isn't that great, sorry. The tape wires are not attached to anything but looking at the photo again I put it, it looks like it is. Apologies 😟