1972 registration query

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
Hi all.
My 72 coupe has finally arrived from the states, 3 stressful months, but well worth it now.
I have received the Nova proof of vat paid and am told I can apply for registration.
I downloaded and printed a V55/5 form from Gov .UK. Reading through it asks for quite a few details that I dont have, the form says get these details from a certificate of conformity. I think this may be a european thing but since the vette is 48 years old I am not sure if it is possible to get such a thing.
Has anyone on here gone throught the registration process and knows exactly what I need to put on the form.
The Vin number decodes as May 1972 so I am presuming they will issue a K plate.
Any tips or advice welcome, thank you in advance for yor time.

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
Hi all.
My 72 coupe has finally arrived from the states, 3 stressful months, but well worth it now.
I have received the Nova proof of vat paid and am told I can apply for registration.
I downloaded and printed a V55/5 form from Gov .UK. Reading through it asks for quite a few details that I dont have, the form says get these details from a certificate of conformity. I think this may be a european thing but since the vette is 48 years old I am not sure if it is possible to get such a thing.
Has anyone on here gone throught the registration process and knows exactly what I need to put on the form.
The Vin number decodes as May 1972 so I am presuming they will issue a K plate.
Any tips or advice welcome, thank you in advance for yor time.

Attachments

• C7A42CDC-717E-4AB7-AE9C-686896FF030F.jpeg
    C7A42CDC-717E-4AB7-AE9C-686896FF030F.jpeg
    207.9 KB · Views: 12
  • A8E66CCC-B8A0-4092-8C90-3EF75EDD4EC0.jpeg
    A8E66CCC-B8A0-4092-8C90-3EF75EDD4EC0.jpeg
    333.4 KB · Views: 14
  • 6280CF31-8B12-4335-9DEE-1595BF5FD2D2.jpeg
    6280CF31-8B12-4335-9DEE-1595BF5FD2D2.jpeg
    341.9 KB · Views: 14

Corvette

Well-known user
Hi Slalom,

most of the form does not relate to your car. You only answer a few questions On the form.

vin no.
engine number and cc
colour
date of manufacture
weight
date of importation
thats about it.
your car is too old for Cert of Conformity.

you will need to include v55 payment and insure the car on the vin number. Free road tax and no mot needed.

take photo and photocopy nova and title. Post it all registered and tracked. Hopefully dvla won’t want to view the car.

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
Hi Slalom,

most of the form does not relate to your car. You only answer a few questions On the form.

vin no.
engine number and cc
colour
date of manufacture
weight
date of importation
thats about it.
your car is too old for Cert of Conformity.

you will need to include v55 payment and insure the car on the vin number. Free road tax and no mot needed.

take photo and photocopy nova and title. Post it all registered and tracked. Hopefully dvla won’t want to view the car.
You made that sound very straight forward, thank you, I shall have a go this evening👍

Coffeeboy

Well-known user
It’s easy but I had to send the original nova (which you don’t get back ) I never put engine no on I just put unknown on the form I sent the import tax letter and purchase invoice which I did get back but as an 85 I had to have mot and £270 for a years road tax but was a painless job there is more empty form than filled in form !! Took about 4 weeks

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
It’s easy but I had to send the original nova (which you don’t get back ) I never put engine no on I just put unknown on the form I sent the import tax letter and purchase invoice which I did get back but as an 85 I had to have mot and £270 for a years road tax but was a painless job there is more empty form than filled in form !! Took about 4 weeks
Brilliant thank you, was worried about all the unanswered questions 🤞👍