1985 C4 For Sale by Auction

CANDYAMSAN

CCCUK regional rep
For anyone that might be interested, there is a Red 1985 C4 for sale by auction on THIMBLEBY AND SHORLAND (READING) website. Looks in quite good condition, apparently runs and drives, Current bid is mid 100s.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
The C4 looks like a BIG project for some one . Would it it be worth the expense and hassle . :unsure: Maybe a rock crusher or an old bulldozer would be more fun ? :ROFLMAO:

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
The early C4’s are now suffering the same fate as the C3’s did back in the day. Shame because they are lovely cars, and if wanted, excellent daily drivers. People are reluctant to spend money on them as the finished item will not recoup their outlay. Unfortunately some Corvette parts are among the most expensive within the industry which doesn’t help. I think the old saying “buy the best you can” applies in C4 territory.

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
The early C4’s are now suffering the same fate as the C3’s did back in the day. Shame because they are lovely cars, and if wanted, excellent daily drivers. People are reluctant to spend money on them as the finished item will not recoup their outlay. Unfortunately some Corvette parts are among the most expensive within the industry which doesn’t help. I think the old saying “buy the best you can” applies in C4 territory.
Have to agree with that. Looks like an early '86 model year car to me (manufactured late '85?) Has the roof brake light and thicker steering wheel rim of an' 86 model year.

mickn

CCCUK Member
This bit is so true unless you believe the author of the article in this month's Classic Cars, when comparing a TVR, C3, a TR7 and a Porsche 914. He finishes his summary of the C3 by claiming as long as the birdcage is rust free 'everything else on a corvette is cheap'. I'm guessing he's never owned one. ;)

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
This bit is so true unless you believe the author of the article in this month's Classic Cars, when comparing a TVR, C3, a TR7 and a Porsche 914. He finishes his summary of the C3 by claiming as long as the birdcage is rust free 'everything else on a corvette is cheap'. I'm guessing he's never owned one. ;)
That`s a bloody odd ball mix to compare !!!! CC mag must be running short on inspiration . :unsure: