2005 LS2 spark plugs

Roscobbc

Mike - go on NGK website, see what they offer for your car and take it from there. They should also show equivalents from other manufacturers which may be easier to source in UK?

M1ke

CCCUK Member
Thanks, I did that but they don’t list any Corvette plugs. Seems like Champion, AC Delco and Bosch have appropriate versions so I’m just wondering if I go with the OEM plugs or upgrade to platinum or iridium versions.

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
Mike - go on NGK website, see what they offer for your car and take it from there. They should also show equivalents from other manufacturers which may be easier to source in UK?

NGK TR-6
Works with C5, C6,
They are one step colder than stock and also gapped at 0.35 rather than stock is like 0. 60
Shorter gap will have a better idle and colder is better due to the hotter cylinder temps due to leaner AFR caused by Ethanol blends
I have used the TR-6 also in other GM makes like pickups, SUV, etc with 5.7 to 6.2 liter engines

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Also give CM Frosts in Wellingborough a call . They are a bid supplier of US car parts and performance parts . They will advise almost certainly have plugs on the shelf .

M1ke

CCCUK Member
Also give CM Frosts in Wellingborough a call . They are a bid supplier of US car parts and performance parts . They will advise almost certainly have plugs on the shelf .
Thanks, I’ll give them a call.

plastic orange

CCCUK Member
My only plug failure in recent years has been an expensive iridium one with about 15,000 miles on it. I tried to get NGK TR6's, but they seem to be US only, so got the UK supplied equivalent BPR 6EF - 8 for under a tenner. You just have to replace them more regularly. Absolutely no difference in performance, possibly very slight improvement in smoothness.

Pete

C6NL

CCCUK Member
Long time user of NGK TR6 here, excellent plugs for a fraction of the price of the iridium plugs. I change them every 3 years for peace of mind, probably not necessary, like I wrote peace of mind. Over here in the Netherlands you can buy them at nearly auto parts store.