2007 C6 Z06 capers

Mike-

Regular user
Hi all, new owner here, got the website address off a sticker that came in the window on my new-to-me Z06. I’ve had a C5 in the past but finally managed to upgrade myself into a Z. I got the car from Adrian Dromey in Lincolnshire last week and after delivery it immediately chucked down six inches of snow, so it has been tucked up ever since. Luckily I do enjoy a good faff about, so consider this the first entry into my diary of faffing.

B9A21914-368F-454C-8A2F-8C01F44167FE.jpeg

Overall the car is in great nick, ZR1 splitter, skirts and spoiler which are a bit of a must in my view and really finish the car off. The front end has had paint at some point in its life which I’m certainly not complaining about because it’s totally chip free. First job however was removing the weird satin black racing stripes it came with.

E31955FF-7C80-478F-B5B6-DF3174E6A884.jpeg

These were on the bonnet and roof and the rear deck and tbh a total pain in the arse to get off, so please no one ever do this to any car because they’re horrific. It also managed to take some lacquer with it on the rear fender so this will need to be sorted.

FFEC84FD-4BAF-406D-9506-8D7B920F90AA.jpeg

7752899A-EE48-4817-AA77-34C7109B1198.jpeg

Rubbish! Still worth doing though I’m not going to stick them back on...

The paintwork on these seems very soft as well and so some correction is in order.

F1B3BA01-723A-4555-AE83-E9018880615A.jpeg

With a young baby I’ve not managed to get round the whole car yet so kinda just doing it in stages when I get time. Much better though so looking forward to seeing it again in the daylight. This will be a while however as it currently sits with its battery unplugged and steering wheel removed and sent for retrimming. New wipers fit for good measure and a few bits on order from the US so watch this space. Faff entry complete.

First question, has anyone converted a UK/Euro car back to the US rear lights and is it a case of an additional bit of wiring in-line with the original so a case of just removing a plug, or a whole huge job unto its own?