2024 E-Ray not looking like GM's claim of fastest and Best Corvette

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
This forum needs to add a E-ray section and also
Forum limits the amount of content in a post, so due to the amount of what I compiled you will have to read that on my forum

I compiled the top 240 car that were tested at the 4 mile VIR track the C&D did which includes just testing the 2024 E-Ray which ranks 32rd below fasted tested
Also, as you will read, the battery for the electric front-wheel drive fully charged could not even handle the 4 miles

See this and also bottom of that page, click on the Ranking URL to see how all Corvettes since 2006 ranked

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
To make it easy
Here is the ranking at VIR for just the Corvettes
2024 Z06 is the fastest and 2006 base Corvette the slowest

Shown in elapsed seconds

vettetimes.jpg

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
CaptainK
What is your TCP/IP address, and I can solve that for you ?
With tons of Europe scammers trying to break into the system all the time, so many IP addresses are prevented from access

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
CaptainK
What is your TCP/IP address, and I can solve that for you ?
With tons of Europe scammers trying to break into the system all the time, so many IP addresses are prevented from access
Thanks for the offer, but I wouldn't worry about it. I suspect it is probably because I used my work computer to access it, which is quite particular about life.

Invetterate

CCCUK Member
I wouldn't expect the E-Ray to be the fastest track Corvette mainly because of the weight. However, I think in everyday driving, it's instant torque at any revs and the traction available would make it extremely quick and good to drive. Please send money/negotiable instruments/gold bullion/uncut diamonds so I can buy one!!!

Roscobbc

I wouldn't expect the E-Ray to be the fastest track Corvette mainly because of the weight. However, I think in everyday driving, it's instant torque at any revs and the traction available would make it extremely quick and good to drive. Please send money/negotiable instruments/gold bullion/uncut diamonds so I can buy one!!!
Perhaps a less frenetic drive too if looking to squeeze best performance out of the car?