6 Drivers for 2024 WEC Corvette GT3.R

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
Corvette customer team TF Sport has now signed all six drivers for its 2024 FIA WEC LMGT3 campaign, following the news today
that Hiroshi Koizumi, Sébastien Baud and Daniel Juncadella will drive its No. 82 Corvette Z06 GT3.R.

The new-look trio completes the British team’s LMGT3 line-up, after the team revealed that Charlie Eastwood, Rui Andrade, and Tom Van Rompuy will drive the No. 81 sister car earlier this month.

Juncadella leads the line in the No. 82. The newly-signed Corvette factory driver has been supplied to TF for what will be his first WEC season.
The 2011 Macau Grand Prix winner brings a wealth of GT3 experience to the team for his first WEC campaign, including a Rolex 24 Hours GTD class win and a World Challenge Europe Endurance Cup title.
He also has seven DTM seasons under his belt between 2013 and 2021.

“It’s going to be an exciting season: it will be the first opportunity to race in the FIA WEC and to participate in the 24 Hours of Le Mans, which makes it all so special. New team, new brand, new car, new teammates, everything is a new challenge and it’s really exciting.
“I am stoked to get to know the team well, to get to know Hiroshi during testing at the start of the season and also Seb, who I already know a little bit.
I’m very keen to team up with them and get to work from day one: I hope we will have a strong season!”

Frenchman Baud is also new to the FIA WEC, and joins the LMGT3 class fresh from a World Challenge Europe Endurance Cup campaign with the Haupt Racing Team, in which he finished second in the Bronze Cup class standings.

“I am so excited to know that I am making a childhood dream come true,” he said.
“It is an honour to join a successful team like TF Sport in the WEC.
I will be driving a Corvette Z06 GT3.R, a car that marked my inspiration in the 24 Hours of Le Mans!
I am looking forward to work with my more experienced teammates, from whom I will be able to learn even more, especially from Dani.
Thanks to the team for the trust!”

Finally, Koizumi is ready for a full season with TF Sport after getting a taste of life in the FIA WEC paddock last year at the 6 Hours of Fuji with AF Corse in GTE Am. Koizumi also has recent experience in the Le Mans Cup’s GT3 class.

“I am really proud to work with such experienced drivers like Daniel and Sébastien,” Koizumi said.
“I am looking forward to teaming up with Daniel Juncadella, winner of Macau and a successful DTM driver: it will definitely be a new opportunity for me.
We will do our best to be the number one driver package in the GT3 class.”