'68 Big Block Coupe for sale

Roscobbc

My '68 can be for sale at the right price (hopefully to a club member) - see asking price below - I will consider reasonable offers. For the purist/restorer the car comes with everything needed to take it back to being a matching numbers vehicle, perhaps even an L88 replica.
Realistically this is probably the closest you will get to the performance of the legendary L88 powered Vette, but arguably with a higher horsepower figure and similar level of torque,
(importantly developed at a far more 'street friendly' an lower 3850 rpm)
'68 Chevrolet Corvette coupe. Manual. 3.08 differential. An L36 427 cu in 'big block' late (April)1968 car. Polar White/ black vinyl '68 only basketweave interior.
Fitted with roadgoing 489 cu in (8000cc) 571 bhp/606 ftlb John Sleath Racing built engine. Huge spec’ includes Brodix Race Rite heads, Howards cam, Proform 950 cfm DP carb, Edelbrock Performer RPM ‘air gap’ inlet, full MSD ignition system and distributor. Centerforce clutch & flywheel.
M21 Muncie 4 speed gearbox fitted with Hurst shifter. Power steering. Original F41 'Slalom HD suspension, fitted with KYB shocks. Non-power brakes with Hawk HP Plus pads. Hooker Super Comp headers and custom built 3” ‘X’ pipe stainless exhaust system. Rare 18” Boyd Coddington Junk Yard Dog billet alloy wheels on 285/40 and 255/45 Toyo Proxes tyres. Repro L88 hood. To be sold with original matching numbers L36 427 cu in engine and genuine OEM LT1/big block hood.
Also comes with new carpet set, 68 specific door cards, handbrake console and much more from 20+ years of ownership. Cherished 427 registration negotiable. Car is quite presentable (but not concours) and perhaps a good base for someone wishing to take to the next level.

Although quite possibly one of the UK's quickest road going chrome bumper C3 Corvettes - driven carefully it is capable of squeezing16mpg at a steady 60/70mph cruise. Dyno sheet showing 500 ft/lbs torque at a mere 2500 rpm gives a real clue as to the car street driveability.
Asking £35,000- pm Ross or email eightstack8@gmail.com

Note - car perhaps looks a little high on side image - suspension hadn't 'settled ' after coming-off jacks front and rear.

489 Vette2.jpgdrivers side interior Vette.jpgfront view Vette.jpgrear view vette.jpgside view vette.jpg20220703_130827(1).jpg

Last edited:

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
You know it'll sell better with the original engine in it, all numbers matching etc, and you'll get more money for it?

For my good advice there, as you know you'll get more money for it, my commission fee is to donate that 8 litre engine to my C3. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Jokes aside, lovely machine. Good luck with the sale. :)