72 seatbelt query,

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
Hi All, newbie here wondering if I can swap the seatbelt stalk in my 72 for an earlier one? Dont like the look of the cheap plastic red button , any ideas which year the stalks were metal and better quality, and would the existing tongue on the end of the belt still fit? Any advice would be appreciated. Many thanks

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
I'm sure my 68 Vette has nice metal seatbelt connectors. But my mind has frozen and I can't find a photo of them. Deffo doesn't have a red plastic button on them.

Dazaa

Well-known user
72 should have a metal clasp with GM on the metal button, no red plastic, it must have been replaced with a different one. Post a pic?

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
72 should have a metal clasp with GM on the metal button, no red plastic, it must have been replaced with a different one. Post a pic?
Hoping to replace the original seperate lap and shoulder belt system, not sure how the under seat inertia reel fits, or how the shoulder belt fits through the seat back, the car has had new vinyl seat covers, can see the slot in the front and feel it through the rear of the cover on the seat back, I guess I have to recut the slot in the cover and fit a trim piece? Anyone used this double belt and twin inertia reels in theirโ€™s . Any pics to help explain would be. appreciated. Many thanks.