72 steering wheel,

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
Morning all, just a query if anyone has a really good steering wheel in black to fit a 72, then I would be interested. Mine , whilst lovely condition is out of round and could do with changing. . TiA

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
Are you wanting an original
I left you a text gavin, original used one if nice but repro if good looking and quality as good as original. Not an ncrs car just that mine is not round anymore , more a.cross between square and triangular 🤣🤣👍

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
I left you a text gavin, original used one if nice but repro if good looking and quality as good as original. Not an ncrs car just that mine is not round anymore , more a.cross between square and triangular 🤣🤣👍
I've bent a few steering wheels in the past through road rage. I have a Tetley Tea monkey on my dash now that gets punched in the face as a way of releasing built up stress by road morons

BigVet

Supporting vendor
We have a GM original from a 72 that's like new that you can have for the right money.

Tom, 07791 414051, DROMEY CORVETTES.

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
We have a GM original from a 72 that's like new that you can have for the right money.

Hi Tom, depends on what the price is, can you send a couple of pics showing top and grip side and of course the price. ( go easy on me as I gave adrian a deal on a set of PO2’s last year) 👍🤣

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
I've bent a few steering wheels in the past through road rage. I have a Tetley Tea monkey on my dash now that gets punched in the face as a way of releasing built up stress by road morons
With the quality of other road users nowadays, you're probably punching it every time you need to change gear or make a steering input :ROFLMAO:

Roscobbc

With the quality of other road users nowadays, you're probably punching it every time you need to change gear or make a steering input :ROFLMAO:
Not having power brakes I have to say that my aftermarket wheel (an old Mountney item) stands-up well to me gripping it hard and using all my foot pressure in more 'spirited' hard braking........

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
Fitted a very nice pre used wheel yesterday which I am very pleased with. Just a heads up , I was surprised how loose the six set screws were holding the old wheel on, on re fitting I used a drop of thread locker . It may be worth popping off your horn button and contact ring and just checking for tightness. I could not feel any wobble or movement in my wheel. Ps The set screws only hold the wheel to the hub . Also from watching a video I was expecting several spacers that have to go back in the correct order but mine only had the horn button , 3 screws for the horn ring and six screws for the wheel, very easy job . 👍
Ps if any one needs a wheel, it is good condition but was just out of round. C9FCE27F-7C82-49F9-A167-473405B3589D.jpeg (I will have a go at re shaping it now it is off the car) give me a shout.👍

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member

Hi Tom, depends on what the price is, can you send a couple of pics showing top and grip side and of course the price. ( go easy on me as I gave adrian a deal on a set of PO2’s last year) 👍🤣
Wheel arrived and very pleased with the condition and description, fitted easily and has ticked off another little niggle in my ongoing quest to keep making little improvements to the 72. Thanks Tom and Adrian.