78 Anniversary Convertible

kentvette

CCCUK Member
Welcome - it needs a CCCUK Membership sticker first of all!

Is that the car that used to belong to Corvette Kingdom, then ex CCCUK member Nick James?

Vette7984

Regular user

Is that the car that used to belong to Corvette Kingdom, then ex CCCUK member Nick James?
Hi I’m unsure about corvette kingdom owning it and any other club members?
Hopefully someone recognises it?

kentvette

CCCUK Member
Have you established what year it is - a '78 with earlier rear bodywork (and post 1980 bumper), or a pre '78 painted and badged?

mickn

CCCUK Member

I don't think that's the car CK had. When I was looking for mine nearly 19 years ago now I drove up to Ray's house (Scott's dad) on a Sunday when they first had the silver one. I think it was a 74 convertible that had a later (81 or 82) front and rear on it, it had an oxblood red interior that the previous owner had added gold painted stripes to the seats, yes they looked as bad as that sounds! I think they kept and sorted the car and Scott's mum (Diane?) had the car eventually. Bodywise the car looked a really nice shape.

antijam

CCCUK Member
[QUOTE="kentvette, post: 16152, member: 20"
.......Is that the car that used to belong to Corvette Kingdom, then ex CCCUK member Nick James?
[/QUOTE]

I'm a Nick James (not the ex CCCUK member) . I recently ordered some parts from Claremont and got an email from Tom asking if I was the same Nick James that used to have the Blue LT1. Sadly I'm not - but it sounds as if he enjoyed his 'Vettes!

Vette7984

Regular user
No worries it was in Bournemouth for around 10 years before I bought it.
it’s that unusual someone will probably recognise it.

kentvette

CCCUK Member
[QUOTE="kentvette, post: 16152, member: 20"
.......Is that the car that used to belong to Corvette Kingdom, then ex CCCUK member Nick James?

I'm a Nick James (not the ex CCCUK member) . I recently ordered some parts from Claremont and got an email from Tom asking if I was the same Nick James that used to have the Blue LT1. Sadly I'm not - but it sounds as if he enjoyed his 'Vettes!
[/QUOTE]

Ha! The "other" Nick James was a character! He was and still is (I think), Essex based. He had quite a few nice Corvettes of various generations. Haven't heard from him for about 12 years though!

kentvette

CCCUK Member
I don't think that's the car CK had. When I was looking for mine nearly 19 years ago now I drove up to Ray's house (Scott's dad) on a Sunday when they first had the silver one. I think it was a 74 convertible that had a later (81 or 82) front and rear on it, it had an oxblood red interior that the previous owner had added gold painted stripes to the seats, yes they looked as bad as that sounds! I think they kept and sorted the car and Scott's mum (Diane?) had the car eventually. Bodywise the car looked a really nice shape.

Now you mention it, I do remember that the CK car had the later front end too. Yes, it was technically, Diane's I think.....