A better Transmission Upgrade for your C3 to save fuel

GiuG

CCCUK Member
Hi everyone, first of all, thank you for your time, in these past months you gave me suggestions and fill my gaps of ignorance about mechanic issues and general knowledge.
Here for the experts another question. The common Transmission on C3 usually is the TH350 / 400 , 4gears manual... where in the automatic version is 3 gears right?
I have the auto version, so I suppose the one with no Overdrive, cause the price of petrol, maybe I should replace the transmission with the overdrive in the future. Is a major change, to contain the cost and make the life easier for the mechanic, they suggest me the TH200R4 transmission for the automatic version, still a mechanical type of early 80` and avoid to touch the cross member that with the TH700R4 need to be cut. Ideally my goal is to reduce the vibration and save fuel with the overdrive. Here is what I found about this topic and many things are not accurate, and there are many approach and preferences based on many theories. Is the change worth it? Any suggestions are more than welcome!.... THANK YOU!

Last edited: