A nice surprise

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
As well as my long awaited V5 from dvla that finally arrived today, an hour later, a courier delivered a package. Some of you will know from various posts that I bought a 72 coupe from a chap in new york state , a prominent member of two corvette clubs . He and I had written articles for his club magazines describing the journey of selling and buying a vehicle from either side of the Atlantic from both his and my perspective.
The package was a goody bag of club bits and pieces and a lovely letter making me an honorary member of west new york corvette club , together with T shirt , badges , fridge magnets , metal number plate surround etc, what a nice gesture and proof of how nice a bunch of people corvette enthusiasts are not just in the UK but all over the globe. πŸ˜πŸ‘7CB9AB30-6F1A-4B2A-9490-09E6AA6C23FC.jpeg

Corvetteville

CCCUK Member
As well as my long awaited V5 from dvla that finally arrived today, an hour later, a courier delivered a package. Some of you will know from various posts that I bought a 72 coupe from a chap in new york state , a prominent member of two corvette clubs . He and I had written articles for his club magazines describing the journey of selling and buying a vehicle from either side of the Atlantic from both his and my perspective.
The package was a goody bag of club bits and pieces and a lovely letter making me an honorary member of west new york corvette club , together with T shirt , badges , fridge magnets , metal number plate surround etc, what a nice gesture and proof of how nice a bunch of people corvette enthusiasts are not just in the UK but all over the globe. πŸ˜πŸ‘View attachment 9029
Sounds like a brilliant article for our mag too!

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
It restores ones faith in human nature that there are still genuinely nice people out there .
You are right Chuffer, I had total faith in the vendor and the car and in my belief that there are more good folk out there than bad , we just hear about the bad more often. πŸ‘

kentvette

CCCUK Member
I know from our long relationship with Corvette of Southern California that US Corvette owners are always interested in anyone running a 'Vette in Europe and a good many of them go out of their way to be helpful and friendly. Hopefully you can keep in touch and maybe make a visit in the future - I know they'd love that!

And the WNYCC Member sticker will look cool on the car!

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
I know from our long relationship with Corvette of Southern California that US Corvette owners are always interested in anyone running a 'Vette in Europe and a good many of them go out of their way to be helpful and friendly. Hopefully you can keep in touch and maybe make a visit in the future - I know they'd love that!

And the WNYCC Member sticker will look cool on the car!
It came with two stickers which ai reduced to one of corvettes of buffalo as less is more 🀣🀭