A run in the sun

kentvette

CCCUK Member
Had a very enjoyable roar around the Cambridgeshire countryside in the sunshine yesterday. Car running sweet as a nut, I even had the T tops off, roll on a hopefully 'normal' summer. 😎🌞😊

Wot - no photos!? ;)

We had a nice little 100 mile "shake down" run last week, to try the new trailing arms, and are planning a run out along the Loire for a picnic next week. It should be T-tops-out weather by then as well! :cool:

mickn

CCCUK Member
3rd run in the sun this weekend, nice trip along Lee on Solent and Stokes Bay fronts, added bonus today of a red c7 coming the other way.......sorry about the lockdown hair cut :ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• Easter.jpg
    Easter.jpg
    267.3 KB · Views: 10

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
I started the old 65 up this afternoon, first time since last October. Started up without too much trouble even the battery was OK. Pulled it out of the garage and left it sitting in the sunshine. Was going to give it a little run, but got into other things. Put it back into its cave. Maybe tomorrow, but the weather is saying cold, and I’m NOT a top up driver. At least the old girl started OK after 5-6 months.

mickn

CCCUK Member
I started the old 65 up this afternoon, first time since last October. Started up without too much trouble even the battery was OK. Pulled it out of the garage and left it sitting in the sunshine. Was going to give it a little run, but got into other things. Put it back into its cave. Maybe tomorrow, but the weather is saying cold, and I’m NOT a top up driver. At least the old girl started OK after 5-6 months.
Wrap up warm, take it out and think of the joy you're bringing to other people ;)

kentvette

CCCUK Member
Jealous I am not ! Much !! Where is the chateau ? The setting looks vaguely familiar .
It was a whole lot warmer last week than when we did this drive! We had 27 degrees for a run down to Amboise, but found almost everything closed, so didn't stop, or get any photos!

But, the Chateau d'UssΓ© is on La Loire, more or less midway between the Chateau at Villandry and the city of Saumur. It's a popular tourist route, but we actually approached via the small road that is part of the Loire-a-Velo cycle route, although in fact we saw about 10 cars the whole day!

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
As per Mickn’s advice, I did indeed wrap up and take the old 65 out for a little drive, top down in the late afternoon sunshine and very enjoyable too it was. Not having driven it for over a year, it went very nice, no problems at all.