Aah, Finally got one of you into my BBG

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
Within Team ZR-1 Corvette Racers I have a special group called the Big Balls Gang
It is those teammates who have exceeded 115 MPH and much greater

This last Sunday I custom tuned Keith of Eurovettes 2014 C7 Corvette
He did a couple of testruns for me to get the tune dialed in with UK weather about 50 F degrees

Before tune C7 went 101 MPH and after the tune using same track :) 130 MPH
So I gave him an honorary spot in our BBG !

BBG.jpg

2014 C7 was a GM Corvette export, think Keith said it was sold new to the Middle East where it is hot all the time, so GM had the AFR set way rich
which in the colder UK was as much as -18% too rich

So with Keith using an OBD-II scanner to record engine sensors and having now a tuning flash tool via emails
I tuned both the engine and A6 tranny, so it now has the balls to run the speeds ;-)

Very nice torque and horsepower gains !

Before the tune analyzed results left side, after custom tuning on right side

At PE/WOT only had 15 degree timing, now with tune 24 degrees and a little bit of engine knock
Keith used the same track :) to do the before and after tune, so we could have a good compare

Before - 101 MPH but after tune, BBG of 130 MPH

Flywheel torque of 415 ft/lbs with GM tune to after my tune to 495 ft/lbs
and flywheel HP from 450 to 517 HP so very good gains from the GM Export calibration to my custom tune

So do not get caught at a stoplight with Keith in the other lane :)

14C7cmp.jpg

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
I'm assuming the over 115mph gang is for those people doing over that speed at a drag strip? I ask because probably most people who have been to a unrestricted German Autobahn have gone over 115mph.

Rich

Administrator
That's a fantastic story of how to tune and the results.

160 for me in Germany until my wife turned to me and said "is this really necessary?". Glad she did as the Z06 was shaking itself to bits, so I slowed down as instructed!!

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
Just finish custom tuning, Keith's all stock 1998 C5 with MN6 tranny

The stock WOT was only like 20 timing, now 26, cannot go more due to the stock fuel injectors are max'd out
with an 85% duty cycle, the Car is in Ca right now, and they have shit gas, so my concern would be engine knock
Suggest he sends out the injectors to a place I have used for years, and they will clean, increase lb/hr flow and flow match them
so stock is like 28 lb/hr, I'd change them to 36 lb/hr that will handle heat better, keep the injectors below 80% duty cycle and I could add more timing

But for now, the testrun he did due to traffic was only 112 MPH with an increase of 25/25 Hp/Tq but with a better run numbers should go up a bit more, but low to mid RPMs the torque is much better than what stock was
Set all Non WOT engine conditions with the fuel trims about -3% rich, but that will lean up a bit in hotter weather
Commanded the coolant fan to come on sooner so that helps bring down water temps, mean bit cooler engine
Nick asked, so I turned off, VATS, column lock, limp mode, abuse mode and the CAGS (1 to 4th shift crap)
Upped the rev limiter a bit and maximum MPH allowed

Keith said with tune in, he had to get used to the rear tires breaking loose in lower gears and he better now use higher octane gas :)

Keith98C5nm6CS2.jpg